Hondata reflash dyno results, post/compare.

scootin'civic

This guy only gained 2hp at an elevation of around 4000ft. If lower elevation provides better results i t may influence more people to actually purchase the reflash.

http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13862

I want to post the images of the guys dyno results and the comparison over stock vs hondatA reflash but can't do it from my phone, if someone else can do that for me if appreciate it, just follow the link I posted

Thanks

That sucks, I'm wondering if hondatA softened up the initial tune for production. I'm wondering how they produced the results they got with supposedly a car with stock Intake and stock exhaust. And when the product is released it is WAYYYY off the advertised numbers. I already know that not all dynos read the same and you also have to take into account different climate/altitude/temperature, etc. On another note, I'm not sure what dynos the 2 unsatisfied hondata customers were using at that time but I doubt it would be that big of a difference. Wish I could get my hands on the reflash to test out here. I say that without knowing my altitude. $290 is not what is be willing to spend to gain 2 HP. I could probably bypass the coolant passages to the throttle body and see the same gains for almost free.

The differences in results are based off the altitude. The higher your elevation the worse your car performs. Hondata is basically at sea level in California. If you're near or at sea level, you should have the same or similar results to their dyno results. That goes for basically every aftermarket part tested. Knoxville is around 800ft above sea level (if that's where you're located). You would see WAY over the results those members saw. They were both almost a mile over sea level.

I thought you were at a high altitude and were debating on going with the reflash

I'm at 964' above sea level. Give or take. I would like to see some results closer to my altitude before I make the purchase, may still wait for flash pro though.

you're less than 1/5th their altitude.... you'd be fine!

Do you think 1300 ft would show some good gains?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

directly from hondata -

The additional power from the reflash is generated by modifying the fuel, ignition and cam angles. There are 10 tuning air pressure positions from sea level to vacuum. Hondata tunes at sea level.

As you rise in altitude, the air pressure reduces. This does not affect the fuel and cam angle changes, but it does affect the ignition changes . At around 8000 feet altitude there is no difference between the ignition timing for a stock and a reflashed ECU. At around 3700 feet, the ignition changes are a around half that of sea level.

Altitude changes do not affect the improvement Hondata has made to rev hang.

directly from hondata -
Ok thanks webby. Is there a programmer for the si? Like on my charger we had the predator programmer, intune, amd trinity amd could backup the stock tune and upload a custom tune for a certain octane of gas. So you had 89 90 and 91 tunes. Also you could do some data logging and email the log to a vendor and they would tweak it for your car. I'm asking because I really don't want to remove my ecu. Is rather just plug into the obd2 port and do it that way.

unfortunately, you'd need something like flashpro to come out to have multiple tunes/customizable tunes as well as data logging etc. Hondata is working on that.

unfortunately, you'd need something like flashpro to come out to have multiple tunes/customizable tunes as well as data logging etc. Hondata is working on that.
Any kind of eta?

• 10-15 top end HP gain depending on the dyno and modifications
  • 5-12 ft lb top end torque
  • Rev limiter raised to 7600 rpm
  • Improved throttle response
  • Speed limiter removed
  • VTEC point is unchanged
Why have the advertised power figures on this web changed?
The stock dyno pulls were done on the Civic when it had less than 50 miles and was not fully run in. The ECU tuning was done at a later time when the engine was making more power. We retested the reflash against the stock ECU at 2500 miles and have adjusted the power figures to more accurately reflect the power gains.

Looks like they changed the figures from the initial advertised gain. Good of them to do that and give a reason as to the change in figures. In reality no one should expect to get the numbers the Hondata got.

Back