honeycomb grill question

VaderSi

GF, NoDak
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan Si
so i was looking at the grill on my sedan and niticed that all the honeycomb pieces werent cut out...is there a reason for this? i'm thinking more air flow the better. has anyone cut theirs out?

not the best pictures, but this sedan looks to have them cut out - you have a pic of yours?

gal_lg1.jpg

If u look closly some are not I will post a pic of mine I was wondering the same ?

Clunck

found a better pic in the color thread -

100_1635-jpg.928

without seeing the back, I don't know if it plays a part in keeping the shape of the grill,.. rigidity,..mounting points..?

yeah defanetly not as bad as the coupes but more like the other sedan picture...the stock picture looks like it should.

More than likely there to hide the hood latch mechanism the radiator at least on the coupe stops right before the part of the grill that is blocked out so nothing would be gained by cutting them out

ok so i was looking at my grill this morning and this is what i can figure out with out taking off any pieces100_1635.JPG

there is nothing behind the left side that is closed off that i could figure why they didn't open it up

If you study ducting on race cars you will find that the inlet is always smaller than the radiator. This actually provides more cooling because it slows the air down and makes it less turbulent. Cutting them out will likely not cool any better.

Back