How many of you guys scrape your exhaust/center pipe?

dimsum

Vancouver, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hey guys,

Just curious, if many of you who are dropped, scrape your exhaust pipe everyday?...The problem I'm having is, I recently dropped my car 1.75" roughly...I have a comfortable 1 finger gap, I don't scrape anywhere except entering and leaving my own condo parking garage...which of course is everyday...it's not a crazy scrape, but its lightly scraping 12"-15". Parking on the street everyday is not an option unfortunately.

So what I'm wondering is do you any of you guys have some creative idea to not scrape, maybe something I haven't thought of? Scraping is obviously not a good thing...but will it put a hole through my exhaust pretty fast?...

Or...do I just have to raise my car and realize that I can't have my ride that low because of my current living space?...haha (which I will be so sad about if I got to raise.)

*Here is a picture of how low my car is* (Sorry couldn't get a pic to show the scrape)

Thanks for your input/feedback everyone! Much appreciated! :)

Attachments

• 2013-10-20 17.21.19.jpg
    2013-10-20 17.21.19.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 41
Just sucks...because the last thing I want to do purchase a nice catback...and destroy it... :(

Can you cross that area at a 45º angle ? If you can get the left front crossing at the same time the right rear is crossing(or visa/versa).

Can you cross that area at a 45º angle ? If you can get the left front crossing at the same time the right rear is crossing(or visa/versa).

Unfortunately I can't...I've tried...but my parking entrance is a 2 way, and it's already pretty narrow (not wide enough for me to hit it at a decent angle either), and its a pretty steep slope, from street level, my parking ramp goes down 2 floors...I scrape at the top of the ramp, and its pretty dangerous for me to go on an angle, since I can't see when cars are turning in. It's a pretty crappy situation in our parkade, people are always speeding in and out too.

Sucks the most too...because checking out other members here, I'm not even that low :P

Just a little background too, this is my first mod ever on a car...so I am new to the whole "lowering the car".

car looks great! dont raise it :)

what suspension are you on?

Thanks!, I'm on Tein Street Basis Coilovers. Just had them installed a week ago.

I guess all of you guys are right...I guess it's just a part of that low life...haha, guess it'll just give me a better excuse to get the Q300 when my stock wears out :bananasplit:...except then I'll have to find a way to not scrape my new exhaust...I'm sure i'll have perfected driving in my city to not scrape by then...hopefully :tongue:

Back