How Much Did You Pay For Your 2012 Honda Civic

^so when I go into the dealer, I say people got xyz price on truecar? Im terrible when it comes to bargaining the price of new cars.

you put your info into true car and the dealership is notified of the car you're looking for. The dealership messages truecar the price they'll sell the car to you for, and that message is emailed over to you. No negotiating.... the dealership tells you the price they're offering.

or, print off that page and take it in when you test drive. You can show them pricing paid, and you have the option to go to another dealer if they won't work with you. There are TONS of si models around you. Look at my previous post.

problem is, they're all located in new york or jersey. I need to locate the car in ct to save on taxes. From what I was told, NY requires payment of taxes upfront which frontloads the initial cost of the vehicle.

I've purchased 3 cars out of state in the past. All 3 required me to literally take the sales tax check to the dmv, and that was it. One actually mailed the check to the dmv so I didn't even have to go there myself. They look at the tax rate where you live, and you pay that sales tax rate instead of the rate in whatever state/county you're purchasing the vehicle in.

Have you checked cars.com? I found my car through cars.com, granted mostly every vehicle is marked as msrp, and may be marked up when you get to the dealership but at least you'll get an idea of where the cars are. As far as paying msrp, i paid msrp because it was the best deal I found here in SoCal. Every 4 door si with navi was 30k+ that I saw

its a matter of patience and tactics how you battle your salesman, its a good price but if i hold longer they can drop that 800, and they would still make profit just less. I used that money bought a 2ct diamond braclet, now truly happy.

I wasn't looking for "proof" of the sales number. I was hoping others could use a copy of your paperwork to negotiate their own deals. Unfortunately, dealerships I've dealt with in the past wanted to see the make/model etc on the paperwork. If I took that picture into a dealership, they'd say... there is nothing on this showing it's not for a LX model or whatever. I'm not asking you to take a full pic...as I'm not trying to negotiate any type of deal.

As for tactics... I'm still unsure how you worked the deal you got. The last time I talked to an individual inside the dealership there were no extra dealership kickbacks for selling the civics. Online data says your dealership took a significant loss on sale of your car.

====
exl_001.png

====

regardless, It's awesome to see you were able to pick it up for that. I'd be thrilled too.

this price worked for me, i had no idea this price would make a big splash here, Im sure the dealer still makes money on it, data means nothins when its real. if anyone wants to know where did i get this car, i would be happy to share.

First post! :D
Just recently bought a 2012 White Civic EX-L w/ Navi.
Came with a deck lid spoiler, door visors, fog lights, ambient lighting, and splash guards!
$24,600 OTD! So far i'm loving it! :dance:

Back