How the iMID communicates with a Honda Connect HeadUnit?

Hi everyone! I'm do have a Honda Civic EXR 2014 (it's a model from here, Brazil) and i'm currently working on adapting a Headunit from a Civic EXR 2016. It's comes with Android, and its just looks like this one: https://www.engadget.com/2014/10/03...es-android-its-own-way-hands-on/?guccounter=1

The Harness from from 2014 to 2016 model (here in Brazil, it's still the 9th generation) have change so much, but it still does have basically the same signals, so I do have all the wheel controls working plus the HFT ones. The Sound and the Rearview camera is working as well, too.

My only two current problems are:

1 - Song information, Source in use, Volume level when changing it....etc are not showing up on the iMID screen
2 - The iMID is not "waking" on the first stage of the key ignition, so I'm needing to turn on all the dash to be able to use the wheels controls.

My bet is that the 2014, 2013 and 2012 iMIDs communicate with the NAV only by the GA-BUS (i already tested turning off this connection on the older NAV only to certify of this). But the new Honda Connect NAV doesn't have the GA-BUS connections. I friend of mine have diagnosted the iMID on his 2016 model that comes with this newer NAV as a stock, and he confirmed: the diagnostic show "no connection" for the GA-BUS. But, of course, on his model the informations shows on the iMID.

So, what type of signal the iMID uses on the newer Civics? Someone already told about the DUET signal, saying it's a serial communication signal. But well: on the diagnostic from my 2014 iMID, it shows connection ok with the DUET, and the 2016 iMID from my friend shows connection ok too! Checking my iMID partnumber, i've seen it's different form the 2016 car.

Anyone does have any ideia of how the 2015/2016 iMID does integrate with the HeadUnit?

Back