How to get 2014+ XM Satellite Radio Free

Pir8pete

Here's the story;

I bought a Canadian 2014 Si and never called to sub this cars radio this time around. Never got a call or any promo's in the mail like I did with my 2012 so I said **** them. I just let it run out and then stream using my iPhone w/ www.1.fm
So it ran out about a month or so ago and it just said unauthorized so I've been using there free preview channel as it does play music too only that sometimes they will toss in an commercial. Not any worse then the local FM that's for sure. Along with flipping to the local FM and using the www.1.fm app I have somewhat of a nice selection and all free.

The other week I was trying to flip through the inputs and kept getting unauthorized as I didn't realized I was still on the XM input, then it starting letting me back into stations but only the ones I use to have bookmarked favorites. I acts very odd now; say I'm on the XM input and try doing a channel up it gives me just a few of my favs till it goes not authorized again, then on the way back down it'll give me the same one again in the same order till the not authorized again, then if I go back up it gives me the rest of my favs that it didn't the first time. But if I don't hit the not authorized then it will just keep giving me the same favs not all of them. And I don't see that free preview channel any longer.

I'm assuming if someone didn't bookmark anything then there SOL. The firmware on this unit has a major bug, I may not do the update to carplay if this continues to work. lol FREE XM for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
Hey Pete! Let's hope that you do get it free.....free is always good, but I think there is a free preview on right now for only a handful of channels. I have a subscription and they've been advertising it all week. I guess you'll find out soon enough! I think it ends this week.

Reactions: Nix
dam i think your right, funny how it's only the chans that i had bookmarked that are working, everything else gives not authorized

Last edited:
Back