Hunger Games Trilogy

stormtrooper

Figured I'd make a forum post so we have a Hunger Games trilogy thread where we can talk about anything Hunger Games related from the books to the movies, etc.

It's a total ripoff of a Japanese series called Battle Royale. The movies are on netflix. Lol. That's all I have to add. I did see the second battle royale movie for sale at best buy even.

Battle Royale copycat or not, I found The Hunger Games well done. I enjoy the social commentary and metaphors as well.

I, for one, found the books highly engaging and entertaining for a casual read. The third one lost focus during the first half, but it pulled itself together.

I have yet to see Catching Fire (the movie), but I've heard rave reviews. Personally, I am a huge, huge fan of Jennifer Lawrence. I think she is remarkably down-to-earth and sincere, which is incredibly refreshing for an actress her age. She says whats on her mind, she's self-deprecating, and funny. Very funny. I wish more people were like her...she doesn't take herself too seriously, and that's what's missing from Hollywood these days.

I have seen The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. The director in the first movie is no longer the director. The new director who directed the second movie is going to direct movies 3-4 as well. I thought that Catching Fire was better then The Hunger Games. Though I haven't read any of the books but will start on that this upcoming week.

4 movies? The last book isn't that long.

I would say that the book/movie is a mix between Battle Royale and the book 1984. I did read the first book and half of the second. I got bored of the second book which is why I have not seen the second movie yet.

That's what the Arizona Republic said in their newspaper article on Friday. The last book was going to be split up in two movies (I guess like they did for Twilight?). Don't know anything about twilight though.

Back