Hybrid Racing Throttle Body (K-Series)

most people tend to go with the the acura zdx throttle body with the manifold upgrade
zdx -
-Inlet ID 78mm
-Outlet ID 70mm

About half the cost

Since the RRC is "discontinued" by order of HPD as of Nov. 2013, and since you're on the HR site, did you look at the ported RBC option they have?

Since the RRC is "discontinued" by order of HPD as of Nov. 2013, and since you're on the HR site, did you look at the ported RBC option they have?

Yeah ive seen it. But i was looking at the options from Axion http://stores.axionind.com/2012-honda-civic-si-rbc-swap-kit-base-no-intake/ its a complete swap kit. I got an email from Michael Hinton at Axion this morning and he said he thinks they can do but he'll have to look into it.

Does anyone think the additional 4mm on the hybrid racing throttle body is worth the cost?

Hmmm hard to say. RDX plugs with clips are like $240 from HR and the non ported RBC can be had for $240-ish so youre under their $500 pricing but I guess they are cutting you a deal with the gasket...

Depends I guess on if you need the injectors or not. Flashpro would be able to tell you your current injectors duty rate. If you have a lot of room left you probably wouldn't need the 410cc injectors yet.

Hmmm hard to say. RDX plugs with clips are like $240 from HR and the non ported RBC can be had for $240-ish so youre under their $500 pricing but I guess they are cutting you a deal with the gasket...

Depends I guess on if you need the injectors or not. Flashpro would be able to tell you your current injectors duty rate. If you have a lot of room left you probably wouldn't need the 410cc injectors yet.

Are you saying that the stock 9th gen injectors will work? if so thats good because i plan to with a kraft werks sc kit eventually and it comes with 1000cc injectors.

lemme look it up... I remember something about needing to change something....I don't remember if it was just o-rings or boring the RBC to fit... crap..... I hate when I can't remember off the top of my head... If you're going to get the KW kit you might want to hold off since that uses a totally different Skunk2 based IM. It's different from the regular S2 IM as it angles lower I believe and I think the runners are different also....

lemme look it up... I remember something about needing to change something....I don't remember if it was just o-rings or boring the RBC to fit... crap..... I hate when I can't remember off the top of my head... If you're going to get the KW kit you might want to hold off since that uses a totally different Skunk2 based IM. It's different from the regular S2 IM as it angles lower I believe and I think the runners are different also....

Ok thanks. I forgot the sc kit came with a manifold.

That HR Tb is not DBW so it won't work.

I checked out you thread i like what you've done to your ride.
You think you could get the part numbers for the manifold and throttle body? There's a lot of options from skunk2

Ya ill check after work. the intake manifold and throttle body were both the ones for the 8th gen civic si though, if that helps.

9th injectors will not work with any other manifold unless you bore out the injector holes. the stock 9th are slightly larger in diameter

Reactions: Nix
Back