Hyundai Elantra

desiguyinnc

Long Island, NY
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
This is especially for the owners of 2012 Civics- Do you guys ever see a 2011+ Elantra on the road and say to yourself "Damn, that car looks so nice, I shoulda gotten that instead of the civic". Just wondering if its just me who thinks that....

I had to look up a photo of it...

Hyundai-Elantra.jpg

:meh:

LOL Hell no you might be the only one. I work with hyundai doing 3rd party work and have never thought that hell i was just in a genesis coupe yesterday and thought the exact opposite.

Hyundai definitely took more styling risks than Honda did, but have you ever driven the Elantra? While the interior bits and pieces "feel" nice enough, it's still not as well put together as the Civic, and the Civic is definitely much more refined as far as ride quality and fun-to-drive. We rented one during a trip and even though it only had about 6,000 miles on the odo, it buzzed and rattled like a much older/cheaper car. Still, it's a great value if you see driving as a chore and care more about styling and standard features than how well a car drives and holds up over time.

Yes i have driven one along with the genesis coupe,sedan sonata and Santa Fe they are much better than they used to be and are a threat sales wise to the Japanese but not my cup o tea.Would still rather buy any Japanese car even if i hated the looks than a hyundai.

I have never driven one and recently saw pics of of the interior and I must say the Civic def. has a better interior especially with dashboard. The passengers seats look more comfortable than the civic though. I just liked the exterior styling of it but at the end of the day, its a Korean car and no matter how good it looks it doesn't have the proven reliability of a Japanese car.

Japanese vehicles > Korean vehicles. :word:

I'm a fan of Samsung though. Lol.

When I bought my civic my choices were the elantra and the civic. In the end the civic won but it was a hard decision, the elantra offered more for the money. I felt the civic was a better buy if I am to keep it several years.

I had a Sonata in Vegas as a rental car. Lemme tell you... that thing did not jump well on the speed bumps at Caesars....

Feds Probe 2012 Hyundai Elantra After Airbag Slashes Driver's Ear and Face

An accident involving a 2012 Hyundai Elantra that reportedly resulted in a side curtain airbag lacerating a driver's ear and face has captured the attention of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), which has opened a preliminary investigation into the matter.

"The photographs of the model year 2012 Hyundai Elantra provided by the vehicle owner show a metal component protruding from the left edge of the headliner above the driver's seat," said the safety agency.

"It appears that the metal component caused a laceration to the driver's ear/face," NHTSA added. Hyundai released a statement saying, "The evaluation is in the very early stages" and that it has not had the opportunity yet to inspect the vehicle in question. The Korean automaker noted that it "has no other reports of injury from side curtain air bag deployment in 2012 Elantras."

While the NHTSA has not yet issued a recall, the agency said, "An investigation has been opened to evaluate the alleged defect in the subject vehicles". The probe covers an estimated 123,000 units of the 2012 Elantra.

Back