I clipped a curb bad(lots of pics)

2015se

Los Angeles
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
SE
I was driving home yesterday after getting in an argument with my friend and went to make a u turn, I misjudged it and clipped the median. It sounded and felt horrible. The car is brand new and I've only put 1500 miles on it :(

I inspected my car and found that the splash guard got crunched but I saw no other damage. I inspected the lowered control arm, tie rod, wheel, and the rest of the undercarriage and couldn't find anything. I also removed the splash guard and found no damage, other than the guard itself.

I've already ordered my splash guard and there is no pulling while driving at all Do you guys think it's fine or do I need to have it looked at? I think I probably got lucky, but I want to know what you think.

Good thing there's no other damage...... Your tire looks way too low by the way.... 32 lbs. cold.........

Just look for any scrape damage. I'd hit that jack support with some paint so the area that scraped the curb doesn't rust. Doesn't look like anything else touched from the pictures.

It was probably just the splash guard, whenever I scrape it's usually my lip or splash guard...now with the lip off and I scrape it's still a horrible crunching sound..

yeah, looks like the mud guard took the brunt of the impact. Your jack point looks like it's lost some point as well, so I'd hit that with paint as flightmaster already suggested. Hitting that would definitely make a really bad sound too. It'd resonate throughout the frame and sound pretty horrible.

Thanks guys for the reassurance, I was so heartbroken when this happened. It's my first new car......I hit the jackpoint point with some touch up paint.I actually bought the touch up paint and had the splash guard ordered from my local honda dealer within an hour of the incident. I went for a decent drive today and notice absolutely zero difference...still drives perfect. :)

If you're really concerned, see if you could slip a guy at an alignment place a $20 to put it on the rack and give you a read out of your specs. Tell him what happened and that you just want to know if you need to buy parts. Plead your case and hopefully they won't charge you full pop for an alignment. If the alignment is still perfect/in factory spec then everything is fine.

Back