I have some stupid questions..

rkapuno

Sorry if this is a really straight forward/stupid question..

Do exhausts make you lose horsepower/torque?
specifically the Tsudo N1 catback?

Ive done lots of research and a lot of graphs show something like 170hp so idk if I'm reading it right or not..

Also, is it illegal to have a loud exhaust? I live in Las Vegas, NV and I'm hoping a Tsudo exhaust won't be too loud..
And does having an after market exhaust effect a smog check?

thanks and and excuse my noobiness :)

Sorry if this is a really straight forward/stupid question..

Do exhausts make you lose horsepower/torque?
specifically the Tsudo N1 catback?

Ive done lots of research and a lot of graphs show something like 170hp so idk if I'm reading it right or not..

Also, is it illegal to have a loud exhaust? I live in Las Vegas, NV and I'm hoping a Tsudo exhaust won't be too loud..
And does having an after market exhaust effect a smog check?

thanks and and excuse my noobiness :)

it sounds like you're expecting to see 201hp on the dyno. the hp you're actually getting to the wheel is going to be a good amount lower then your base

yeah the 170 is from other dynos, not from the tsudo. so even though stock is 201hp adding an after market exhaust doesnt drop hp? the dyno just doesnt show the full 201? Am I understanding it right? Thanks for the help!

yeah the 170 is from other dynos, not from the tsudo. so even though stock is 201hp adding an after market exhaust doesnt drop hp? the dyno just doesnt show the full 201? Am I understanding it right? Thanks for the help!

different dynos will show different results. but you're never see the engine's base hp show up on a dyno, due to the fact that the power (that 201 you're thinking of) has to make it to the wheels and then spin them.
This might help you understand a little more why you'll see different numbers on different dynos and never see your ENGINE's horsepower at your WHEELS.
http://www.badasscars.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=64/prd64.htm

Basically your engine puts out 201 hp (or it should stock) but because of all the belts running off your motor it take hp to do that. Also there is force needed to move the parts (crank/trany) to get the power to the wheels!! I believe our stock si's average 155 to the wheels so 170 would be a pretty good gain. I've heard with a big exhaust (3") you may loose a little torque. You should know adding anything to your car without a tune will not affect power to the point that you really notice your car got quicker!

It is actually closer to 170 to the wheels.

Usually around a 15-20% loss on a manual transmission. So, 160-170ish. Keep in mind that altitude and weather conditions can have a dramatic affect on those numbers, though.

Agreed.. Just seen a stock 2012 coupe dyno sheet before and after reflash with absolutely no mods and it ran 177 hp 150 tq and 179 after reflash same torque. I just want that magical 200 whp mark with bolt ons and a tune? I'm think k&n Sri and some sort of catless dp. Think I can reach my goals?

Agreed.. Just seen a stock 2012 coupe dyno sheet before and after reflash with absolutely no mods and it ran 177 hp 150 tq and 179 after reflash same torque. I just want that magical 200 whp mark with bolt ons and a tune? I'm think k&n Sri and some sort of catless dp. Think I can reach my goals?

With full bolt-ons, 230hp is not unreasonable. RBC intake manifold, 70mm ZDX throttle body, 3.5" intake (CAI preferred), 3" downpipe (single high flow cat or no cat), and 3" exhaust.

With full bolt-ons, 230hp is not unreasonable. RBC intake manifold, 70mm ZDX throttle body, 3.5" intake (CAI preferred), 3" downpipe (single high flow cat or no cat), and 3" exhaust.
Doesn't the rbc require some machine work? I wasn't considering getting it but I'd love to buy someone complete setup for intake,tb, ect. But only web I have the money lol

Doesn't the rbc require some machine work? I wasn't considering getting it but I'd love to buy someone complete setup for intake,tb, ect. But only web I have the money lol

It can be port matched for the ZDX and the injector ports need to be machined to fit stock injectors or there are some adapters to the injectors I believe.

Back