i mid screen

Phillip Lambrecht

Fort Irwin,CA
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
Just to let everyone know, if your car getts to hot you imid screen will come up and say its too hot and needs to shut down until it cools off. No big deal but today was the first time i had ever seen it do it. my car is not a fan of 115 degree weather.

It was prob about 5 mins. Went to the store to get bread, left my windows down while i was in the store and it came back on when i started the car to leave the store.

Were you in stop and go traffic to make it go "ON" ???

It was parked in front of my house, first time starting it for the day when the warning poped up and the screen shut off, then once i was done at the store it had cooled down enough with the windows down for it to come back on when i started the car. My car was reading 115 degrees.

and that would be the temp outside. I'm sure it was much worse inside the car

That's quite interesting, never seen that before, wondering if running the engine(fan/coolant/etc.) is a factor in cooling it down as opposed to ambient reading?????

Happens quite often in Arizona not a big deal though you just can't see your radio stations as your flipping through them lol

Happens quite often in Arizona not a big deal though you just can't see your radio stations as your flipping through them lol
I found that when something comes on I mid , I can override the screen by hitting I mid button to make it go away.

I'm still getting used to not having it. There is plenty of room for it , I wonder why they decided to get rid of it?.

Oh, thats the external temp. but since it sits in the engine bay, its a few degrees higher than it shows outside when driving

I don't understand. I'm asking about the imid warning he got, not the blue icon or the ambient temp gauge

Reading the entire thread, im confused of those who are talking about the engine bay heating, the imid heating, and what the imid is warning about....

Back