Installed lowering springs but fronts sit higher than rears?

Jonathong

Delano, California
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I don't know if this is too soon but a couple days ago I ordered the new skunk 2 springs made for the 2012+ civics. And we'll the front sits higher than the rear. Idk if I need to wait if it needs to settle more or what. I installed everything correctly, at least I hope I mean I don't hear any noises. Skunk2 advertises that the drop is a 2.25 in the front and 2 inches in the rear. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

This is how they looked right after I installed them, no driving or anything.
vyjerase.jpg
y4u6ynar.jpg

As of right now it looks like they've gotten a bit lower. Well the front anyways. It just kinda bugs me seeing the front higher than the rears. If you want more pics feel free to check out that skunk2 2012 springs are here thread.

My eibach pros are lower too. Did the right springs go in each location? I know mine were specific not only to front and back, but to left and right.

My springs kept settling for about 2 weeks, just give it time and you'll see the results you want

My eibach pros are lower too. Did the right springs go in each location? I know mine were specific not only to front and back, but to left and right.
Good point. Jonathong the springs wind in opposite directions in the front. The H&R Springs I just installed were actually mislabeled and front L/R were backwards. I had to install the L spring on the passenger side and the R spring on the driver side because of the direction the springs were wound. Not only that, but the front labels and logos were printed upside down, so that the springs had to be installed what looked to be upside-down.

Make sure the springs wind in the same direction as stock for the front. For the rear they should be identical to one another.

Last edited:
Good point. Jonathong the springs wind in opposite directions in the front. The H&R Springs I just installed were actually mislabeled and front L/R were backwards. I had to install the L spring on the passenger side and the R spring on the driver side because of the direction the springs were wound. Not only that, but the front labels and logos were printed upside down, so that the springs had to be installed what looked to be upside-down.

Make sure the springs wind in the same direction as stock for the front. For the rear they should be identical to one another.

Yup, I had to do the same thing. I installed it correctly. No weird noises or anything like that the car rides beautifully. It has been getting a bit lower so maybe when it settles it evens out or even is a bit lower in the front like it's suppose to.

I guess the winter made mine look more like pot metal than silver. That's why I painted them black. They can be seen real easily with 5 star rims. Yours look so good I thought you did the same in silver.

Well I just emailed skunk2 and then they said it needs to settle and asked if I cut the bump stops? Can anyone chime in on how to do so?

Back