Installed my Greddy Intake. Review/Couple of things I noticed.

Dutchmaster

NYC area.
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I installed my Greddy Momentum Intake. It was my first time and took me about 45 mins.

After installing, it seems like my rev hang got better. Revs drop alot quicker. feels nice.
The bad part is that my car has some hesitation.

If I floor it(or just apply moderate pressure) in any gear to any rpm and I let go of the throttle, there is a 1.5 second delay before the revs stop dropping. Feels weird. Also, when i floor it, my car hesitates to accelerate right away, unless I downshift first, then floor it. It will just stay steady at whatever RPM for about a second, then it takes off

Also, My CEL came on after like 40 miles of driving lol. I went to autozone and they checked it. They said the MAF is "acting up." I did a ECU reset (turn off and on battery) and it went away. Im hoping it stays that way.

I know I most likely just need flash pro and a tune. I will be getting flashpro soon, so im not so worried about it. Just wanted to share my experience.

Pros:
-Sounds alittle beefier after 5k RPMS
-Vtec feels torquier
-Looks good in engine bay
-Car overall has a louder motor noise
-Rev hang less noticable

Cons:
-CEL
-Hesitation on decell and accel
-Doesnt have that classic honda vtec with intake sound i was looking for (like the K&N BWAHHH)

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
The hesitation did sound like an issue with the maf sensor being damaged or dirty.
I never cleaned it. I dont really know what to clean lol. I dont think its damaged. I just switched it over. It didnt fall or scrape on any engine parts. My CEL is gone now and i've driven 32 miles so far so hopefully it stays this way until I get flashrpo or I will be switching back to the stock intake.
I wish the intake had more sound =(

Back