Installing Projectors + Xenon Kits Honda Civic 2013 Help

yching

Hello guys,

I bought from amazon this projectors and install a pair of xenon lights on them, they are H1 bulbs, now im not sure but the result of these are not what I expected but the place where I got the damn Xenon lights are telling me "thats how it should look, the problem could be your projectors", Im wondering if you guys can tell me what is the problem by looking on this pictures, this is the result, as you can see the ground and the lighting is weird, its creating 2 circles in which the middle of the circle is not covered in light, could this be the xenon lights? or do you guys think that the projectors can handle a Xenon Kit? the projectors I got are from http://www.specdtuning.com/

Projectors: http://www.specdtuning.com/2lhp-cv12-8v2-tm.html

And I believed they were sold here in this site just last year.

and the result of adding Xenon lights:

zNJ4Zgx.jpg

40wIaNv.jpg

oI5MZNS.jpg

8PbHN9V.jpg

What do you guys think I should do? or what the problem could be?

1- Bad Xenon Kit
2- Bad Xenon bulbs (they are 6000k and 50w)
3- Projectors does not support Xenon
4- Bad Projectors
5- Lens from projectors are not clean or clear
6- the xenon bulb is not properly installed
7- Any other

Please advice :(

Last edited:
That's the result of putting HID bulbs into a projector housing made for halogen bulbs. The reflector bowl on the projector is not designed for HID bulbs, so the light output will not be the same. The bulbs/hid kit are not to blame. Others have had this same situation come up. You either have to live with the output that way, or use halogen h1 bulbs.

it's not the lenses... it's the chrome reflector bowl that causes the issue

Sorry Im just ignorant on most of these things, but by changing the projector wouldnt I be changing the reflector bowl as well? or is the reflector outside of the projector?

:'( what a shame and what can I do to add HID xenon into them? I really like the look of this headlights, but I really want to have a better lighting output.

I just found (thanks to you) another member 323 having the same headlights and adding a HID kit into it.

Hi.. I have the same setup but with 8k.. I have the same problem but it really doesn't bother me much. But I would like to see what you do to solve it.

And if you do change it show some pics.. Did you use the relay harness xenon sells with the kit? That thing didn't make sense to me..

I misunderstood you. I thought you were just wanting to buy a clear lens (the glass front) and install it to resolve the issue. If you're trying to buy the projector itself, I guess it's possible. I have no idea how hard it'd be to remove the projector that's already installed into the headlight you have now. It would obviously involve pulling the headlight apart, and then seeing how the current projector is mounted into the housing.

Im right now debating into buying a better xenon kit and a pair of new projectors or getting a pair of good halogens for my low beam, I will definetely post pictures of how they end up looking, I do not live in USA so buying the items, waiting them to arrive and putting them on are not a easy task, since there are not a lot of ppl here that knows how to do a retrofit, I would say one to none....

And if you do change it show some pics.. Did you use the relay harness xenon sells with the kit? That thing didn't make sense to me..
It was not me, it was another guy from the shop who I payed, they did used it yes.

I made a picture today in the afternoon while looking at it with a friend and we did notice that in fact the projector probably like webby said, is not meant to be used with HID Xenon Kits, in the following picture
p3Gjl5J.jpg

And its really clear that those 2 black lines and the big bright spot in the middle are the bulb of the xenon:
http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...eadlights-halogen-vs-xenon-vs-led-26530_6.jpg

Im going to buy a good set of halogens first, test it out and see if the lighting are improved, if they dont, I will end up buying a pair of hid mini projectors and pay someone to put them on.

I will pobably keep posting updates with more findings in case other ppl have the same problem.

Thanks a lot guys.. By the way the 8k xenon lights match the blue led strip perfect on those spec d headlights..Now I just ordered blue led light for the turn signal I hope I get a close match

Thanks a lot guys.. By the way the 8k xenon lights match the blue led strip perfect on those spec d headlights..Now I just ordered blue led light for the turn signal I hope I get a close match

Cool, hey btw do you have a picture of how the light output looks on your car?

My right bulb went out today.. Gotta go over the connection.. Embarising right? Haha.. But that's it.. I'll post more pics when I do more upgrades

Yeah the light output is exactly the same, the only way to really resolve the problem will be to change the projector Im afraid, I have changed and removed the HID Kit and replaced with cheap halogens and Im getting a better result now, hopefully the new halogens later one will make a better improvement, if not, I will be down the same path, replacing the projector with a morimoto mini h1 projector

Back