iPhone 5 USB Connection

Ryu007

Vandenberg AFB, CA.
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Sedan
If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I also did a search of the forums and I couldn't find this subject, so I thought I'd ask the question: I'm looking to get the iPhone 5 and I was wondering if there's anyone on here that has one and has used it on a 2012 Civic Si Sedan w/navi? What I want to know is can I listen to the music I put on the iPhone (iTunes) while connected via the USB AND still receive phone calls? Or does the iPhone just display the same thing as when you have an iPod hooked up through the USB? Or can you listen to your iTunes music via Bluetooth so that you can still receive calls from your phone? I use a regular iPod for music and am using a Droid phone. This will dramatically affect my decision on whether I should switch to an iPhone or get another Droid. Thanks guys!

The songs on your iPod/iPhone are displayed on the iMid and/or Navigation screen. When a call comes in, the music stops and the phone will start ringing.
If you've paired your iPhone with bluetooth, then you can hear the phone ringing through the speakers, use the built-in mic in the car, see who's calling on your iMid/Navigation, and answer the phone using the steering wheel controls.
If you have not paired your iPhone with bluetooth and simply have it connected via USB, the phone will still ring while playing songs but you won't be able to control any call features using your car.

This is all already in your Owner's Manual.

Last edited:
Back