JasonAndre's 2012 PMM Civic Si Sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question. Am I doing my car a dis-service by not driving it often?
I ask this because my battery can't hold a charge in cold weather. I've had to jump it twice now. Granted, I drive it at or around 12 miles a week/48 miles a month, so I'm not really letting the battery charge up for very long.
Putting aside the fact that my car is not a person yet probably still misses me, is this a "bad" thing overall?

Is it paid off yet?

No offense to you if it isn't but I don't understand when people are making payments on vehicles and let them sit in the garage/don't drive them often. :-/

If I'm making payments I'm driving it often as possible.

No offense to you if it isn't but I don't understand when people are making payments on vehicles and let them sit in the garage/don't drive them often. :-/

Especially a performance oriented car!

Is it paid off yet?

Yes, still have three years left to pay. But that's really besides the point because I literally work across the street from my apartment. I walk to work daily and my office doesn't offer any parking.
If I were to drive it more often, that would mean driving it just for the sake of driving without any actual purpose. Unless of course, someone could argue a valid reason to drive nowhere.

Yes, still have three years left to pay. But that's really besides the point because I literally work across the street from my apartment. I walk to work daily and my office doesn't offer any parking.
If I were to drive it more often, that would mean driving it just for the sake of driving without any actual purpose. Unless of course, someone could argue a valid reason to drive nowhere.

You could always move further away...

Of course the lack of parking sucks.

Did your car fall under the battery tsb?
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/the-battery-is-dead-and-needs-multiple-jump-starts.6732/

Is a solar powered charger an option, or is it parked in an area that cannot get sun? Access to a power outlet where it's parked?
Negative on all questions.
I'm chalking off the battery issue due to my lack of driving, and because it's cold. I plan on bringing it into the dealership for it's annual oil change :giggle: in April. I'll let them check the battery then.

I ha
Negative on all questions.
I'm chalking off the battery issue due to my lack of driving, and because it's cold. I plan on bringing it into the dealership for it's annual oil change :giggle: in April. I'll let them check the battery then.
I have a 2012 LX and just had a letter to bring my car to the dealership to have battery system update and they changed my battery too. I suspect you may have a battery system problem which is making the car not charge the battery properly. Many have this problem. Hondas have an excellent reputation for always starting in cold weather. They don't even need to be plugged in. In Canada this makes Hondas to be known as ultra reliable. All these battery issues are uncommon and it is evident that there is a design problem.

Last edited:
If you only drive the car rarely, at least take it out on the highway and hit some 65-70 speeds. Hit VTEC and just make sure everything stays working and doesn't get gummed up from disuse. Something that worked for a guy I knew with an old Saab. The more it was driven, and hit high speeds once in a while, the better it worked. I'm sure the new Civics are light years ahead in technology but just something I had heard a few times about cars that sit.

Hitting VTEC for the first time in a few years in my old Accord definitely caused some interesting sounds and smoke..... I drive like a granny most of the time.

Nooo! :sadbanana:

What now @jasonandre ?
Even though she can never be replaced, she has been replaced with a younger broad.

003.png

More on that in another thread. For now, I'm going to celebrate with a bit of wine. Cheers to Whatever I'm Eventually Going to Call Her!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back