Jaycee Dinero's Ultimate All-In-1 Build Thread (Past/Present)

got a question for the member of this thread.

found your reverse lights hella intriguing (i currently run a 9-LED cluster setup). ordered a set for myself ($40 roughly from Cali) and received them today. i CANNOT install them into my tail light housing b/c the base of the 7440 bulb is "wedge-shaped" not the correct "socket type"

after looking at your build photos, i see that YOUR CREE-chip LEDs are ALSO wedge-shaped.... how did you go about installing them if the socket-type base is needed to plug them in? i can't find ANYWHERE on the site (www.JLClightings.com) an option for the socket plug-in type to replace mine with.

any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. need to know if i'm missing something or if perhaps the 9thGen Civic is different than the 8ths.

thanks in advance! :)

Kenneth @ Kplayground.ca they also have a fb page aswell!
checked their site after my last post... i see no mention of the LED projector reverse lights there. newer item not yet online?

there's like 9 items available for the current generation Civic. weird.

got a question for the member of this thread.

found your reverse lights hella intriguing (i currently run a 9-LED cluster setup). ordered a set for myself ($40 roughly from Cali) and received them today. i CANNOT install them into my tail light housing b/c the base of the 7440 bulb is "wedge-shaped" not the correct "socket type"

after looking at your build photos, i see that YOUR CREE-chip LEDs are ALSO wedge-shaped.... how did you go about installing them if the socket-type base is needed to plug them in? i can't find ANYWHERE on the site (www.JLClightings.com) an option for the socket plug-in type to replace mine with.

any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. need to know if i'm missing something or if perhaps the 9thGen Civic is different than the 8ths.

thanks in advance! :)

Hey if you are wondering where I got my Brillante LED Projector Reverse Lights, I got them from Kenneth @Kplayground.ca. Also feel free to follow him on his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Kplayground.BodyKit.TrackEvents They are basically direct fit like our OEM socket-type base. They just replace our OEM style reverse lights. I'm not good with explaining things but I must say that our OEM reverse lights and the Brillante LED Projector Reverse lights are basically plug and play, you basically remove the OEM reverse light and you just replace it with the Brillante LED Projector Reverse light. Simple as that, no need for any modifcation, shaving or cutting. And mine were about $20 CDN no tax included. Give Kenneth a shout, tell him I referred you to him, hopefully he can work you a deal.

i'll take pics... the wedge base of the bulb and the socket base of the car's wiring do not match. cannot plug & play. even the photos on kplayground's facebook page show a wedge-shape to the base of the bulb. i'm so confused. i'm not a n00b either to modding. i've put like 11k into my '07 RRFA5. this is so frustrating bc i'm trying to figure out if i should just send the bulbs back to JLClightings or find out if i can make them work.

i'll take pics... the wedge base of the bulb and the socket base of the car's wiring do not match. cannot plug & play. even the photos on kplayground's facebook page show a wedge-shape to the base of the bulb. i'm so confused. i'm not a n00b either to modding. i've put like 11k into my '07 RRFA5. this is so frustrating bc i'm trying to figure out if i should just send the bulbs back to JLClightings or find out if i can make them work.

Hmm that's weird, mine is direct plug & play, I tried it on my god brother's CSX-S aswell and it plugs in directly.

J's Racing C304 (70RS) (JDM FD2-R fitment) exhaust
IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_5858.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_8704.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

When I get it installed with a custom 3" piping I'll try to post a video clip up on youtube Saturday night after i go for a car wash with the TERM family.

annnnnnnnnnnnnd i retract my statement. i AM an idiot.
earlier tonight i was trying to change out the bulbs... disconnected the SOCKET from the WIRING... little did i know i was doing it all wrong :fail:

the WIRING connects to the SOCKET which holds the WEDGE BULB. d'ohhhhhh

that being said, those mo-fuggers are hella bright. i love it. now i just gotta replace my license plate LEDs cuz one of them mysteriously burned out within the past 24hrs according to a friend of mine. damn.

win some, lose some. thanks anyway, original poster. :D

annnnnnnnnnnnnd i retract my statement. i AM an idiot.
earlier tonight i was trying to change out the bulbs... disconnected the SOCKET from the WIRING... little did i know i was doing it all wrong :fail:

the WIRING connects to the SOCKET which holds the WEDGE BULB. d'ohhhhhh

that being said, those mo-fuggers are hella bright. i love it. now i just gotta replace my license plate LEDs cuz one of them mysteriously burned out within the past 24hrs according to a friend of mine. damn.

win some, lose some. thanks anyway, original poster. :D

Oh jeez, well at least you got it figured out. Plug & Play simple as that LOL. They are hella bright..but I need brighter to see through my tints..sighh.

i was also wrong about my 9-LED cluster. i have 9-LED in my map lights/dome light in the interior. the reverse lights i just replaced were 15-LED. still not even close to as bright as the single CREE-chip projector LED.

<~satisfied customer.

Finally got my J's Racing C304 SUS (70RS) Exhaust installed today, 3" piping from down pipe catalytic converter, fused with 2.75" J's Racing 70RS axle back, used J's Racing resonator but deleted Cat.

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_5878.jpg

IMG_8016.jpg

Back