Jaycee Dinero's Ultimate All-In-1 Build Thread (Past/Present)

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks incredible. I just don't think it's going to perform, as a daily driver at least, at its peak. Your tires are going to cup badly and quickly. The only way to avoid that happening, if there is a way at all with that much negative camber, would be to swap the tires over to the other side every oil change. Unless you have access to a tire machine, that could get expensive (and annoying). I'm not sure what would be worse, though: playing musical tires or the annoying noise the cupping is going to cause.

I suppose if it were a track car, or at least saw a LOT of track time, that much negative camber would be "functional," but I don't think it's very advantageous on a daily driver.

Again, not saying anything bad about the car by any means. I'm already a huge fan. Can't wait to see it when the front is lower and it's all dialed in. I also can't wait to see the progression of the car. You seem to have pretty good taste.

Don't get me wrong, I think it looks incredible. I just don't think it's going to perform, as a daily driver at least, at its peak. Your tires are going to cup badly and quickly. The only way to avoid that happening, if there is a way at all with that much negative camber, would be to swap the tires over to the other side every oil change. Unless you have access to a tire machine, that could get expensive (and annoying). I'm not sure what would be worse, though: playing musical tires or the annoying noise the cupping is going to cause.

I suppose if it were a track car, or at least saw a LOT of track time, that much negative camber would be "functional," but I don't think it's very advantageous on a daily driver.

Again, not saying anything bad about the car by any means. I'm already a huge fan. Can't wait to see it when the front is lower and it's all dialed in. I also can't wait to see the progression of the car. You seem to have pretty good taste.

Well I understand your point there, but this car is not seeing track any time soon. I am personally not ready for the track anytime soon. But as for the cupping noise doesn't bother me because I can't hear it over my J's Racing exhaust. But I do plan on tracking this car. Because I'm not building it to just have it as a sick daily driver but a show and track car as well. Thanks for expressing your point of view upon my build, and it's okay a lot of people have been saying bad stuff about my car but it's a hate it or love it thing that happens upon the tuner/import scene.

That car looks hella functional, yeah slight camber in rear but, I'm sure he can track it , the look he is going for is both fancy and aggressive , I prefer fancy and hella dysfunctional but hey that's me lol , love it bro

Sent from Flyy Network.

That car looks hella functional, yeah slight camber in rear but, I'm sure he can track it , the look he is going for is both fancy and aggressive , I prefer fancy and hella dysfunctional but hey that's me lol , love it bro

Sent from Flyy Network.

PapiFlyy is always has positive things to say, that's why I have my respect for my fellow TW 9th gen Si owner in NYC! It's funny how people say "You can't track that thing because too much camber."..But look at how many FF track cars are running crazy camber and have insane wheel setups. And you know what's on my mind already, Daily.Show.Track.

PapiFlyy is always has positive things to say, that's why I have my respect for my fellow TW 9th gen Si owner in NYC! It's funny how people say "You can't track that thing because too much camber."..But look at how many FF track cars are running crazy camber and have insane wheel setups. And you know what's on my mind already, Daily.Show.Track.

Your cars perfect for both worlds , your just doing it in style ;)

Sent from Flyy Network.

I hope you're not referring to me. I specifically said that it WOULD be functional as a dedicated track car with that much camber. Anybody who tells you that track cars don't have lots of negative camber have no clue what they're talking about. Negative camber is advantageous in that there is less contact patch on the straightaways, therefor less rolling friction which translates into higher speeds and less fuel consumption; also more contact patch in hard cornering, which translates into more friction (grip) when you actually need it. I was merely saying that, as a daily driver, having that much camber is not necessarily "functional," as the vehicle's main function is daily driving, not a race car. I did not mean anything negative by it at all.

I hope you're not referring to me. I specifically said that it WOULD be functional as a dedicated track car with that much camber. Anybody who tells you that track cars don't have lots of negative camber have no clue what they're talking about. Negative camber is advantageous in that there is less contact patch on the straightaways, therefor less rolling friction which translates into higher speeds and less fuel consumption; also more contact patch in hard cornering, which translates into more friction (grip) when you actually need it. I was merely saying that, as a daily driver, having that much camber is not necessarily "functional," as the vehicle's main function is daily driving, not a race car. I did not mean anything negative by it at all.

Naw buddy, I'm just saying in general. Don't take it offense as you think it's going towards you, it's not.

Back