JDM roof rack

FG4 Pjay

Guam
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Has anyone ever tried this?
I LOVE the look on the JDM roof rack on the FG2s but how would they look on the FG4s?...

^^ There's no such thing unless one buys a roof rack from the Japanese market. Yakima originated from Australia. Also, here is my two cents, don't use it just for the looks if that's what you're truly getting it for. Its weight and interference with the car's aerodynamics may negatively affect mpg. We can argue about form>function and this an that, but just invest in a lip kit. Heck, get a rear window visor/spoiler. Just don't invest in something such as a roof rack just for the looks and not use it to it's true potential (racking up bikes, canoes/kayaks, extra cargo, etc.)

@JakeDBP has a rack

more -
332wmdw.jpg

b8kyvo.jpg

I have the Q99 Qtowers, 58" bars, and 2 Yakima Vipers on my car! The 58" is long so you can cut some off, I just didn't want to... this is the best photo I have!IMG_0224.jpg

Hey jake did you end up needing the short roofline braces or were they not recommended for this car?

Hey jake did you end up needing the short roofline braces or were they not recommended for this car?
Yakima doesn't require them but the Thule systems for the Civic Coupe does require the short roof adaptors. That's one big reason I went with Yakima! Plus now I can put my ski racks on it too.

Reactions: Nix
^^ There's no such thing unless one buys a roof rack from the Japanese market. Yakima originated from Australia. Also, here is my two cents, don't use it just for the looks if that's what you're truly getting it for. Its weight and interference with the car's aerodynamics may negatively affect mpg. We can argue about form>function and this an that, but just invest in a lip kit. Heck, get a rear window visor/spoiler. Just don't invest in something such as a roof rack just for the looks and not use it to it's true potential (racking up bikes, canoes/kayaks, extra cargo, etc.)
Who said they were from Australia? It's named Yakima because the guys that formed the company started it in Yakima, Washington.

http://yakima.com/brand-history

Reviving an old thread here, but yesterday I bit the bullet and dropped nearly $800 on a Yakima system for my coupe. And you better believe that includes 6 lock cores! I'll get some pics posted once I get it installed and get my car in the woods.

Back