Just a question for you more knowledgedable members

Well I have a 2012 Civic LX , pretty much all stock. I've done a few minor things to it to make it look better (not a riced out car, never that!) and I am planning to get some Gold rims soon. I am looking for some general information you guys could give me. The best site to order off (in terms of deals, value, price, durability, etc.) some gold rims. I don't know if I should buy 17' or 18' gold rims. Any information would be gladly appreciated! I plan to go around some tire shops in the upcoming days and see what they have for me!

Last edited:
The difference between the 17s and 18s is that you'll feel every cracks and bumps on the road with the 18s. The 18s would also require lower side walled tires which won't help protect the wheels from curb damage. So if you want a more comfortable ride and not be paranoid about running over pot holes, the 17" wheels would be a better choice.

A very good choice in gold wheels in terms of performance (weight), price, and overall value would be the Konig Feathers. The Konig feather is ~17lbs in weight and is considered one of the lightest budget wheels. These come in 17" x 7" +45 or 17" x 7.5" +45. Not all aftermarket lug nuts will fit these wheels.

Here is a pic of the wheels on a 2006 Civic Si:

IMG_2196.jpg

Nix has these on his Civic.

I prefer 17" wheels either 7" or 8" wide with an offset somewhat flush to the fender.

The difference between the 17s and 18s is that you'll feel every cracks and bumps on the road with the 18s. The 18s would also require lower side walled tires which won't help protect the wheels from curb damage. So if you want a more comfortable ride and not be paranoid about running over pot holes, the 17" wheels would be a better choice.

A very good choice in gold wheels in terms of performance (weight), price, and overall value would be the Konig Feathers. The Konig feather is ~17lbs in weight and is considered one of the lightest budget wheels. These come in 17" x 7" +45 or 17" x 7.5" +45. Not all aftermarket lug nuts will fit these wheels.

Here is a pic of the wheels on a 2006 Civic Si:

IMG_2196.jpg

Nix has these on his Civic.

Thanks for all the information ad the example picture! I think I'll go for 17' Konigs, time to save up which is going to be a pain in the *** for a 17 year old with no job... haha soon though! When I get them I will definitely post a before and after picture! Again, thanks for taking your time to explain everything!

I was also wondering if anyone knew a good website to buy exhaust tips from, any information would help!

Hehehehe that's my color car too!

but yes, I believe the feather is only available in the 17x7 +45 size in the correct 5x114.3 drilling. It was a very good price when I got them and they are definitely light. They are definitely not flush at all. Not even close!

I think that coupes could go either way 17 or 18.

Sedans I think looks much better with an 18.

I have 17's on my coupe and my wife has 18's on her sedan. The ride was actually not that different. The tire sidewall is a 45 on mine and a 40 on hers. The tire itself will make a large difference as well. She has some nice all seasons and I have to say the ride was not noticeably different when we were both on stock suspension. Something to keep in mind.

If you're looking for gold colored wheels in a reasonable price XXR makes a lot of their wheels in gold and so does Rota. I will say the XXR is a very very heavy wheel.

For exhaust tips I would look at a place like Summit Racing. There are bolt on, clamp on, and weld on styles. I have looked at a few there, prices range from $12 to $100.

For wheel buying online.... huge amount of sites. FRSport.com is where I got my wifes wheels. They were pretty decent to deal with. I got my Konigs through Z1auto.com but you have to call them for pricing and such. Sometimes it is worth the hassle for a great price shipped with lugs and hub rings.

Last edited:
Dam that's a good price! I figured they'd be a lot more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I know right? It's instant savings too. Capture.PNG

I kinda want to buy them just because they are so cheap, I gotta keep myself from buying more wheels.. At least until the end if this year haha. I've still got a set of TL-S wheels that I've never mounted lol

For exhaust tips I would look at a place like Summit Racing. There are bolt on, clamp on, and weld on styles. I have looked at a few there, prices range from $12 to $100.

For wheel buying online.... huge amount of sites. FRSport.com is where I got my wifes wheels. They were pretty decent to deal with. I got my Konigs through Z1auto.com but you have to call them for pricing and such. Sometimes it is worth the hassle for a great price shipped with lugs and hub rings.

Thanks for all the information Nix! I recently referred my friend with a 8thGen Mugen Civic to this website! He has the limited edition one where only a 1000 were made and only come in blue!

I think i need a second set of wheels!
:D

I kinda want to buy them just because they are so cheap, I gotta keep myself from buying more wheels.. At least until the end if this year haha. I've still got a set of TL-S wheels that I've never mounted lol

Yeah. What gives? Lol. I thought you were getting a new car.

The Konigs Feathers come in Silver, Black, Gold.

Thanks for all the information Nix! I recently referred my friend with a 8thGen Mugen Civic to this website! He has the limited edition one where only a 1000 were made and only come in blue!

Because FBP is the best color in the world. :woot: :giggle:

Dang that's good! Time to put some of my stuff on eBay lol, great link though thanks! Any idea where I should get tires for those?

Same website. Discount Tire has a big variety of tires. Discount Tire will do mounting and balancing free of charge. So when you get them, they are ready to be put on! You'll need the right lugs for them though. Nix can help you out with what brand of lugs to put on your wheels.

Last edited:
:D

Yeah. What gives? Lol. I thought you were getting a new car.

The Konigs Feathers come in Silver, Black, Gold.

I'm still working on the funding, I'm trying to buy a house right now too haha, I'm thinking 2014 for an fb6. If that supercharger would sell that would help a ton. :P

I'm still working on the funding, I'm trying to buy a house right now too haha, I'm thinking 2014 for an fb6. If that supercharger would sell that would help a ton. :P

That's understandable. So the Konigs will definitely be worth buying then. :D

Back