Just bought a 2013 Civic SI! :D

VancityBarz

My first and only car up until a few days ago was a 1991 Honda Accord EX-R for the past 8 years. Due to heavy wear and tear and aging, I thought it was time for an upgrade. Just bought my self a 2013 SI in Dyno Pearl Blue with 37k KM's. Mint Condition. This is my first manual car, and I've picked it up very quickly. Absolutely LOVING this car!!

I am looking to get some mods done on it after I get more comfortable driving the car, and dropping my 15.0L/100km driving style xD hahaha. I was hope you guys could educate me a bit on what I should upgrade first. I was thinking doing performance first, then aesthetics. I fill it with 91 Chevron. I've been getting very mixed opinions on what grade I should be filling it with as well. Do you guys recommend 94 or 91 or 89?

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to hearing your stories and experiences!

I personally haven't done any mods to my car due to the fact I just bought a house. To answer your fuel question though, I personally switch back and forth. I'll drive on a tank of regular gas and then next fill-up I'll use premium. Congrats on the new whip! Throw up some pics when you get a chance.

It is an Si. It requires premium. Anything less can be used temporarily if absolutely necessary. This is all stated right in the manual for the car.

First upgrade should be a bigger rear sway bar and maybe a short shift adapter (or full cage).

Congrats on the car! and welcome to the site!

Def a rear sway bar would be the best bang for the buck mod to do. Stick with 94 octane on the car.

93 octane is premium around my area. That's what I'd be using each fill.

suspension performance - progress 22mm rear sway bar, lowering springs/coilovers
engine performance - hondata flashpro

93 octane is premium around my area. That's what I'd be using each fill.

suspension performance - progress 22mm rear sway bar, lowering springs/coilovers
engine performance - hondata flashpro

93 is the high end of premium in my area. Most places only have 91.

Yes, welcome and congrats on the new car. I bet that is quite an upgrade from a 91! 20+ years of car tech improvements has to be a little nicer! hahaha

Welcome and congrats on the new ride. Use whatever the highest grade is you can get in your area. For me it is 92-93 depending on the station, although there is a drag strip about 30 minutes from me that apparently sells 98 or better.

Dyno blue pearl. Nice. I like it and so do many others. Lighter blue when bright outside and darker blue when less bright.

Congrats on the Si!

91 or better IMO for fuel I personally have BP's at every corner where I live/work so 93 is all I use from day one. Whether 91 or 93 just stick with one kind and don't swap back and forth,. Tuning changes with different octanes so swapping back and forth keeps the computer confused and can limit performance.

Shifter cable and base bushings with a short shifter would be a good start. I love my HR cable bushing's. I have a '15 and my rear sway bar is 21mm so the 22mm would be another great mod for the money(believe you have a 19mm RSB). Never drove a 12-13 but I can get some rotation out of my car with the factory 21mm so 22mm seems about perfect. Curious on the 24mm though as well but think that may be to stiff. Better brake pads and Dot4 fluid is another good upgrade if your going to be pushing the car.

Back