K-Tuned Shifter Cable Bushings

Patrick O'Brien

Labrador, Canada
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
Coupe
Hi everyone,

I installed my ktuned shifter cable bushings today and i'm not pleased with the result. There seems to be a lot of play in the bushings themselves and it has me worried that something is wrong. Its almost as if the bushings are too thin and it causing them to slide back and forth on the shaft. Also, the supplied cotter pins were to big to fit. is all this normal?

Hi everyone,

I installed my ktuned shifter cable bushings today and i'm not pleased with the result. There seems to be a lot of play in the bushings themselves and it has me worried that something is wrong. Its almost as if the bushings are too thin and it causing them to slide back and forth on the shaft. Also, the supplied cotter pins were to big to fit. is all this normal?

I am not sure if I recall anyone with Ktuned bushings. Usually people some from CorSport or Hybrid Racing. Despite the cost, I decided to go with Hybrid Racing and couldn't be happier. i don't think the Ktuned ones were out when I got mine.

If there is any sort of excessive movement, I would take them off immediately and return them.

I'd message ktuned to make sure they sent you the right part.

Thanks for the input. I think the bushings I was sent are not for a 9th. I am trying to reinstall the stock ones right now. Too bad I live too far away to return them.

No clue if @axion_industries stocks them, but they may be able to look at their inventory to compare. They have a 9th gen as well.

Any chance you could test one to see if the pins fit your test car?

The bushings should have play so the cables do not bind

Once I had the bushing installed there was about 3 mm of play for both the big and small bushing. It seemed way too loose to me so I re-installed the stock ones. Is there a particular part number that fits the 9th gen so I can check to see if i have the wrong set?

Once I had the bushing installed there was about 3 mm of play for both the big and small bushing. It seemed way too loose to me so I re-installed the stock ones. Is there a particular part number that fits the 9th gen so I can check to see if i have the wrong set?
I think the Hybrid Racing bushings are the best choice if you want to upgrade your shifter cable bushings.
I haven't heard one bad thing about them.

Yea i ordered HR ones myself as the concept and make of them are on point! Sadly Corsport was out of stock and it's been over 2 weeks. Was told 2 weeks ETA till new shipment but the point being they must be that good or they wouldn't be sold out IMO. You get what you pay for with aftermarket parts 9/10 times and ponying up a little extra usually is worth it in the long run.

Back