Knight Rider LED mod

Darkk

I have the 2012 Civic Hybrid which has the blue accents around the car including the blue grill piece. Would be cool if I could modify it to give it Knight Rider LED look. The video is something like that but I would just make it red with the LED race back and forth just like K.I.T.T.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwnE0MmOrdM

P.S. Obviously I wouldn't drive with those lights like that in "cops" mode...people might think they need to pull over.. lol

P.S. Obviously I wouldn't drive with those lights like that in "cops" mode...people might think they need to pull over.. lol
Hence the reason blue lights on a non emergency vehicle are illegal in most states ;)

It is illegal. Only EMS or Emergency Vehicles are allowed to have that.

That would be true. Some dude got his pickup truck covered with LED x-mas lights and he got a ticket for it. Saying it looks confusing with emergency vehicles.

Not sure about the straight red LED racing back and fourth would be an issue?

That would be true. Some dude got his pickup truck covered with LED x-mas lights and he got a ticket for it. Saying it looks confusing with emergency vehicles.

Not sure about the straight red LED racing back and fourth would be an issue?
Still illegal on a roadway. Fire and ambulances use red lights

You can do it when you're not driving. Like in car shows/meets.

Virginia tops the list again, no matter what the colour, they are illegal. With the exception of brake lights systems.

Virginia tops the list again, no matter what the colour, they are illegal. With the exception of brake lights systems.

So just white and amber? What about cars like Lexus that come with blueish lights and yellow fogs?

So just white and amber? What about cars like Lexus that come with blueish lights and yellow fogs?
Not sure what you're referring to, I'm talking about any decorative lights not the head lights or tail lights.
But anything that comes on as stock equipment is usually excepted.

Not sure what you're referring to, I'm talking about any decorative lights not the head lights or tail lights.
Blue headlights are illegal here too. Factory lights can sometimes have a hint of blue but its usually white.

Oh I got ya. Az is pretty strict too. I got pulled over for having yellow fogs, no ticket just a warning though.

Years ago I was pulled over for having blue neon light frame for my license plate in Florida on my 1991 Honda CRX HF. It was a light blue color so didn't think it would be a problem. Cop said I can have a neon tube long as it's white. WTF?

The license plate is very readable with that blue neon tube. Ah well. Shortly later I gotten into an account when somebody rear ended me which destroyed the neon tube. lol. Obviously I never got it replaced.

I recently swapped out my license plate light with a white LED. It got a slight blue tint to it but still very white so I will know in a few months if cops going to give me problems or not. lol

I had a bluish white 1W license plate led on my car for a couple of years and I didn't have any problems with the cops. I think you'll be fine. My car currently has a 2W pure white license plate bulbs. It's a bit brighter. But if BMWs can have it stock, why can't I? :party:

red and blue lights on your car are basically illegal all over the united states

You're 50% right... they are illegal... IF the authorities can see them. If they're hidden and can't see the source of where the lights are coming from

Back