Kyle Busch busted doing 128 mph in a 45mph zone while test-driving Lexus LFA

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Kyle Busch busted doing 128 mph in a 45mph zone while test-driving Lexus LFA

ouchhhh

usatoday reports:
We pay to see professional racing drivers hurtling around at breakneck speeds on the race track, but then give them tickets and even revoke their licenses for doing what they do best once off the race track. We see it all the time. Lewis Hamilton has run into his share of trouble. So has Danica Patrick. David Coulthard even got one during a Formula One demonstration on public streets. Even F1 team principals like Ross Brawn and Ron Dennis have run afoul of speed limits. And now, Kyle Busch is having his turn.

The front-running NASCAR driver was reportedly busted in Mooresville, North Carolina driving a yellow Lexus LFA supercar at 128 miles per hour in a 45 mph zone. Carry the one, divide by pi... that's nearly three times the posted limit. So did he get arrested and carted off to jail on the spot like the rest of us would? Not quite, but he did receive a citation and will have to answer for his illegal behavior, and could stand to lose his license. Fortunately, NASCAR doesn't require its drivers to have a valid state license in order to race.

The LFA was reportedly on loan to Busch from Lexus, whose parent company's Toyota stock cars he drives in NASCAR. This wasn't the first time Busch has been busted for reckless driving in public, having pleaded guilty to performing a burnout in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant in Virginia back in 2006, and cited for going 55 in a 35 zone in 2008 in the same Irdell County, NC, where he was busted again yesterday.

For his part, Busch has apologized for the incident and reportedly acted courteously towards law enforcement throughout the ordeal.

======

I know places if you double the limit you're automatically arrested and your license is taken. Another place arrests you if you hit any tripple digit speed regardless of the limit. If he only pays a fine for this....

he has access to several racetracks why not test it there....

should of gotten the book thrown at him jail and everything just cause your a professional doesn't give you the right to endanger other peoples lives.

Wow... such hostility.

128 in a 45 zone is over the top though. I have been so lucky not getting caught exceeding the limit. Worst thing I've done is over 150 in a 65 zone. Open highway, with nobody near me, or in sight for that matter. It lasted for a minute or so.

Really?! WTF!! Reading this bullshit this morning made me pissed... He doesn't get locked up and like Mr. CSX said he has access to several race tracks he can go to or a drag strip is prob close. WTF

:rage:

Fortunately, NASCAR doesn't require its drivers to have a valid state license in order to race.

I guess because you are not driving on public streets you don't have to have a valid license?

As long as you have the appropriate body-sanctioned competition license then you can race in virtually any series. It's that way all over the world. I was in cars at 13 but couldn't legally drive on the street till 17 in the UK.

update -

Nascar’s Kyle Busch loses driver’s license after speeding ticket

Nascar points leader Kyle Busch lost his driver's license for 45 days yesterday for driving 128 mph on a road close to a day-care center and church in a nearly $400,000 Lexus LFA.

Luckily for Busch, he doesn't need a license to compete in NASCAR. The top left-turning racer was also fined $1,000, sentenced to 30 hours of community service and put on one year of unsupervised probation. Busch pleaded guilty to speeding and no contest to reckless and careless driving in North Carolina District Court in Iredell County.

Glad they did something. He should get in trouble with NASCAR for his poor behavior.

LFA is nice though..got to see one in person. The owners was leaning against someone elses' 350z as if it didn't matter.

update -

Nascar’s Kyle Busch loses driver’s license after speeding ticket

Nascar points leader Kyle Busch lost his driver's license for 45 days yesterday for driving 128 mph on a road close to a day-care center and church in a nearly $400,000 Lexus LFA.

Luckily for Busch, he doesn't need a license to compete in NASCAR. The top left-turning racer was also fined $1,000, sentenced to 30 hours of community service and put on one year of unsupervised probation. Busch pleaded guilty to speeding and no contest to reckless and careless driving in North Carolina District Court in Iredell County.
I would've suggested castration but he's a ball-less b1tch already. F#ck you Kyle, F#ck you. I'll be seeing your lanky POS self in February.

Actually one does need a license in NASCAR, just not one issued by the state one resides in but one issued by NASCAR. No NASCAR license no makey left turns & sometimes right turns.

Glad they did something. He should get in trouble with NASCAR for his poor behavior.

LFA is nice though..got to see one in person. The owners was leaning against someone elses' 350z as if it didn't matter.
To an LFA owner a 350 Z doesn't matter but agree that leaning on another persons car is highly disrespectful. Poo poo on you LFA owner. :thumbsdown:

As with any professional racing series, the appropriate issued race license from the governing body/organization is required.

You're number #1
IMG_20110829_135844.jpg

Back