Lamborghini Veneno $4.5 million supercar unveiled

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tYrd4tPVXs

Lamborghini has released its fastest, most powerful road car ever - but it will only sell three of the 355km/h Veneno two-seaters. Images of the new Lamborghini Veneno leaked yesterday but it has now been officially unveiled ahead of its showing at the 2013 Geneva motor show.

Based on the V12-powered Aventador, the Veneno – which is expected to sell for about $4.5 million - gets a 552kW 6.5-litre V12 capable of launching the carbon fibre-bodied supercar to 100km/h in just 2.8 seconds.

Glad they are only making and selling 3 cause it is horrible looking.

While I don't find it necessarily "pretty", I do think it's a badass looking car. It totally fulfills the normal Lamborghini idea: ridiculous. That's part of the Lamborghini character, in my opinion.

It is ugly for sure. For that price, I'd but two Bugatti Veyrons, which look better and are faster. Maybe with the other half million left over, I'd grab a "normal" Lamborghini, maybe a Ferrari, or a Porsche GT3.

i
It is ugly for sure. For that price, I'd but two Bugatti Veyrons, which look better and are faster. Maybe with the other half million left over, I'd grab a "normal" Lamborghini, maybe a Ferrari, or a Porsche GT3.
with the left over id put wings on the si haha

I think you're paying for the exclusivity of the vehicle. Only 3 made, and it's Lamborghini. Lamborghini has always been the embodiment of what boyhood fantasies of cars look like in reality.
But at a fraction of the price. I would just get a Gtr and play out the other boyhood fantasies with the remainder of the money. The 3 cars sold will most likely be parked and not driven. To each his own I guess.

Last edited:
It is way over the top, but I would buy one if I would have tons of money. For the regular people I think one can get faster for less but it does not have the social aspect of it which personally i do not care about. I like this one though, I like all Lambos so no big surprise there :)

The keeping them stored part I never get :( I would not buy a car i would not drive. I would do the Jay Leno approach of buying lots of cars but any car that I do not drive I would sell, maybe except for some special ones, but even then a car that is not driven is just plain wrong.

well, at least you could sell the gold for a chunk of change if needed.

looking up spot gold... is around $1600/oz
14.58 troy ounces = 1 lb
110lbs = 1603.8oz

1603.8 x $1600 = $2,566,080

looks like that person who paid 1.5mil is doing ok

well, at least you could sell the gold for a chunk of change if needed.

looking up spot gold... is around $1600/oz
14.58 troy ounces = 1 lb
110lbs = 1603.8oz

1603.8 x $1600 = $2,566,080

looks like that person who paid 1.5mil is doing ok
Haha yeah, must be an older article when gold was cheaper :) Combining practical with financial smarts. Instead of keeping it in a safe make use of it :) It is a bit heavy for a stool, harder to steal that way.

Last edited:
To get back on topic Lambo always comes up with small run editions like only 10 or 20 that sell instantly. Reventon they only made 20.

But at a fraction of the price. I would just get a Gtr and play out the other boyhood fantasies with the remainder of the money. The 3 cars sold will most likely be parked and not driven. To each his own I guess.
See, that's not the point of a Lamborghini though. There are plenty of vehicles MUCH less expensive that have similar performance specifications. To most people, spending the extra money isn't worth it. Heck, buying a GT-R is ridiculous for most people simply because it's close to $100k for a 4 seat vehicle. You could purchase 3 brand new Accords for your family and still have money left over. But if you were making $100m a year, would you worry about a measly 5% of your income to have 1 of 3 Lamborghini? It's all a matter of perspective.

Back