Lambo's retrofit guide

Phillip Lambrecht

Fort Irwin,CA
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
Ok here is a little diy for doing a mini h1 hid retrofit on your stock 9th gen headlights. Really not to complicated just a bit time consuming. I did mine with black housings and corners but the coloring will be entirely up to you. Here's a pic of mine and let's get started.2013-05-08_22-23-49_726.jpg

Ok to start out I lost like half of my pictures but I will be helping Eddie Blanco with his retro fit in the near futrue so we will have more people and more sets of hands so better pics. You start off with the basics, bumper removal and headlight removal, which I will have pics of next go around. Then I tested my hid kit to made sure it works. Ill get better pics of that to but that's a pretty easy process. Plug the harness into the headlight plug on the driverside. Run power to the battery. A ground for each side. Plug ballasts into harness. Plug bulbs into ballasts and you should be good to go. The frame rail makes a nice mounting point for your ballasts2013-05-09_13-01-04_920.jpg

Last edited:
Did you have to trim the shrouds to make them fit?

Did you have to trim the shrouds to make them fit?
Ill try to finish up the rest of the diy this week. But to answer your question, no. The only real modifying i had to do was grind down the corners of the nut that holds the projector into the housing. Aside from having to heat up the lights to get the lense off its pretty much a bolt on mod.

Nice, im glad to hear that, wow im surprised you didnt have to trim the shrouds... You used Gatlin mini gun shrouds right?

Thanks I actually have the same setup sitting in a box I just been lazy lol but im probably going to do them next week.... One last question did you bolt the srhouds directly to the projector? Or did you use silicone to hold the shrouds in place?

Thanks I actually have the same setup sitting in a box I just been lazy lol but im probably going to do them next week.... One last question did you bolt the srhouds directly to the projector? Or did you use silicone to hold the shrouds in place?
The shrouds screw straight to the projectors

I've got the same set up waiting to be put in next week. Hey Lambo, how hard is it to get rid of the orange turn signal lens? I have some bulbs that light up orange I would like to use and get rid of the orange lens. Thanks man!

I've got the same set up waiting to be put in next week. Hey Lambo, how hard is it to get rid of the orange turn signal lens? I have some bulbs that light up orange I would like to use and get rid of the orange lens. Thanks man!
Once you have the lense off its a screw or two and it pulls right out.

Back