Lebron James' Mom Arrested In Miami

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Gloria James, mother of LeBron James, arrested on assault charge in Miami

Gloria James, the mother of basketball superstar LeBron James, was arrested on misdemeanor assault charges at about 4:45 a.m. today after an altercation with a valet at a posh Miami hotel.

Gloria James was taken into custody after an incident at the Fontainebleau Hotel at 4441 Collins Ave., according to Miami Beach Police.

Police have not given the details of her arrest, but said she was released early Thursday morning.

The celebrity website TMZ.com says the valet in question was slapped by James, and already is talking to an attorney about his legal options.

The Associated Press was one of the outlets to speak to James about the arrest. Here is that account:

“It’s a sensitive subject,” LeBron James said after the Heat practiced Thursday afternoon, according to the Associated Press. “It’s a personal matter. It’s being taken care of.”

Police said several witnesses supported valet worker Sorel Rockfeller’s account of the alleged assault. LeBron James said people are helping his mother with the situation, and that he was not at the hotel with her early Thursday.

“You have to move forward,” the NBA’s two-time reigning MVP said. “It is my life and there’s certain things you have to deal with. You try not to let it be a distraction. I have a job to do, still.”
Gloria James has had other run-ins with the law. She was arrested on driving under the influence charges in Akron in 2006, when James was still with the Cavaliers, but pleaded to having control of a car while drunk. According to a Plain Dealer account in May 2006, she also pleaded no contest to disorderly conduct, reckless operation and speeding. A charge of molesting police property was dismissed.

James was ordered to spend three days in a driving intervention program. She was also ordered to do 100 hours of community service, pay $486 in fines and $150 to replace a window she kicked out of the back of the police cruiser. She lost her license for a year because she refused to take a breath test.

Sounds just like my Mom :facepalm:
DSCF0003.jpg

Back