LED Brake Light Bulbs

TiberiusJim

SF Bay Area
Vehicle Model
Civic EX-L
Body Style
Sedan
Does anyone have recommendations for a really bright 7443 bulb for the rear brake lights on the '15 sedan? I picked up a set of these from SuperBrightLEDS.com and sadly, they really aren't super bright. In my comparison they really didn't seem noticeable brighter than stock, and I also don't see a big enough difference between running light and braking light for my taste. I've heard good things about the Phillips bulbs but I hear those can vary depending on the car they're in and was wondering what else might be out there.

Does anyone have recommendations for a really bright 7443 bulb for the rear brake lights on the '15 sedan? I picked up a set of these from SuperBrightLEDS.com and sadly, they really aren't super bright. In my comparison they really didn't seem noticeable brighter than stock, and I also don't see a big enough difference between running light and braking light for my taste. I've heard good things about the Phillips bulbs but I hear those can vary depending on the car they're in and was wondering what else might be out there.

I have a set of Phillips ones that I bought at Advance Auto. $40 but they have been good for a couple years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also consider checking out Blinking Brake Lights on instagram. They're LED tail lights that flash when the brakes are applied. I have one of their LED's in the top mount brake light (I have an LX, so I don't have the LED strip)

Reactions: Tak
I picked up a set of the Phillips Vision, only $20 for a pair at Pep Boys and less than I paid for the SBLED.com set and wow, that is more like it. Much better in terms of difference between running and brake, and running is really bright. I think it has to do with how the Phillips bulb directs the light backwards while the other design directs it to the sides and front. I'd post pictures but I barely had time to install them before it started pouring again here.

I also put in LEDs for the trunk running lights and my reverse lights. All that's left to do is turn signals, but that'll have to wait until I feel like dealing with resistors.

I picked up a set of the Phillips Vision, only $20 for a pair at Pep Boys and less than I paid for the SBLED.com set and wow, that is more like it. Much better in terms of difference between running and brake, and running is really bright. I think it has to do with how the Phillips bulb directs the light backwards while the other design directs it to the sides and front. I'd post pictures but I barely had time to install them before it started pouring again here.

I also put in LEDs for the trunk running lights and my reverse lights. All that's left to do is turn signals, but that'll have to wait until I feel like dealing with resistors.

That's pretty much my feelings towards the turn signals. Been telling myself that for like a year now lol.

I did see a guy on YouTube that makes a resistor harness that is plug and play that lets you use LEDs front & rear with no hyper flash, and it sounds great...but it's $80 for a pair. Not sure about you guys but I'm not quite at a place to drop that much, not even counting the price of bulbs. Something to save up for I guess.

I did see a guy on YouTube that makes a resistor harness that is plug and play that lets you use LEDs front & rear with no hyper flash, and it sounds great...but it's $80 for a pair. Not sure about you guys but I'm not quite at a place to drop that much, not even counting the price of bulbs. Something to save up for I guess.

Yeaaaa. Just dropped $500 on new tires lol. Can't be spending $80 on bulbs [emoji23][emoji23]

I used resistors from Xenon Depot that just use the plastic clips to connect but they don't work too well because they came loose and now I'm back to hyper flashing. Don't feel like taking the bumper off until I have more to do so I'll be hyper flashing for a little while lol

I used resistors from Xenon Depot that just use the plastic clips to connect but they don't work too well because they came loose and now I'm back to hyper flashing. Don't feel like taking the bumper off until I have more to do so I'll be hyper flashing for a little while lol

That's what I like about this guy's harness. It's plug and play and installing them in the rear also fixes hyper-flashing in the front.

Yeaaaa. Just dropped $500 on new tires lol. Can't be spending $80 on bulbs [emoji23][emoji23]

And that's just the harness adapter, not even then bulbs!

That's what I like about this guy's harness. It's plug and play and installing them in the rear also fixes hyper-flashing in the front.

And that's just the harness adapter, not even then bulbs!

Jesus. Yea. Not about that life. I'll stick with the OEM bulbs a little longer

Yeah, when I emailed the guy about the price I was expecting like $25-30 and was going to go for it...but since they're one-off items he makes per order they ain't cheap.

Back