License Plate Re-positioning

FG4_julio

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe Si
Ok so this is my first thread that i post ever so i don't know what category i should post it under. I figured this was ok? I'm sorry if i posted under the wrong category. Alright so i just trying to fix my lip on my car and i figured why not put the license plate in the front. i kinda like it but not i don't have a back license plate. I figured i can get a duplicate from the MVD but that'll be later on.IMG_4412.JPG IMG_4413.JPG OR i can get maybe a jdm one like the "FA5" but it saying "FG4" or something unique in the front.images.jpg

If you don't need the plate on the front(where ever you live), most peeps don't want it at all.
Agreed ^. If you don't have to run a front plate in your state, I'd personally leave it off the car.
So I'm Assuming you guys don't like the plate in the front? :thumbsdown: and no i don't think in Arizona its needed. i just wanted to maybe try something different since I've seen a couple like mine here in town. i was thinking there in the middle or maybe buy a bracket and place it on the side.

It's totally your choice. Most would probably kill to run no front plate given the chance. Some people refuse to put one on their car and just pay the tickets if/when they get caught. If you like the plate, that's all that matters. Some would just argue that it detracts from the overall look of the front (by having to run a plate).

Also.... Ppl that have to run front plates try to mount them so as not to look like 'factory' placement.... but with our models, a lot agree that mounting high, low, off centre, just blocks the air flow(where you live, you need all the air you can get).

I can see that having a custom plate while living in a state that no one runs f-plates, that it might be seen as a personal mod....... BUT!!!!!

Your plate choice looks cool.... Better if you could run it on the back...... :D

FYI .... For anyone ........ I tried and like the look of plates that look smaller, and to get them that way, first would be to get rid of any frame, and mount flush to bolt holes(pad the back if it might scratch). Paint the edge of the plate a dark colour that goes with the car and plate colour. You can also use something(bench grinder, tin snips, etc.) to get rid of any extra edge area you think you can get away with(trying not to catch the LEO's eye).

I've done this on my mc's for years without hassle.

Reactions: Nix
It's totally your choice. Most would probably kill to run no front plate given the chance. Some people refuse to put one on their car and just pay the tickets if/when they get caught. If you like the plate, that's all that matters. Some would just argue that it detracts from the overall look of the front (by having to run a plate).
Your plate choice looks cool.... Better if you could run it on the back...... :D
Thanks guys. I'll see what I do if custom plate or like an fg4 or something. Appreciate the help!

Dude I'd kill to live where no front plate is needed. Totally kills the front of a car. I relocated mine told the dealer they better not screw into my bumper or I would take possession. They listened.

This summer I'm taking it off until I get nailed for no front plate.
uhesuzyn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
Get yout car reg'd down here in KY. No front plate and decently lax tint laws. Also, tons of custom plate options. I think im going to get the "friends of coal" plate since its black with white letters. Im no friend of coal but, I can support their cool looking plate.

Dude I'd kill to live where no front plate is needed. Totally kills the front of a car. I relocated mine told the dealer they better not screw into my bumper or I would take possession. They listened.

This summer I'm taking it off until I get nailed for no front plate.
uhesuzyn.jpg
yea it does kinda in a way, maybe its just the plate design or the color of the plate. i just like it on mine idk im still debating. i just ordered my registration and i customized it so we'll see how it looks

Back