Lights dimming

Marc Meyers

Ohio
Vehicle Model
Coupe
Body Style
EX
I was playing my new system loud for about 20-30 minutes, running down the highway about 70 at night and noticed my lights dimming. I have a JL 700/5 amp, so it can possibly draw 58 amps. I figured I was running off the battery maxing out the alternator. Can any of you post some links to upgrades to the electrical system. I have read that it is an on demand system, so I assume a larger alternator isn't a simple fix. Plus it was cold out that night and it started with a little hesitation the next morning. I ran 4 gauge wire from the battery and my amp is ground with same about 8" from the amp.

I'm running a 300 amp alternator from Singer Alternators and been running a system on it and my xs power batteries for almost a year now with no issues. All you have to do is run an older style charging system and bypass the cars computer (canbus) completely. When replacing your alternator you will no longer use the data wire connected to your old one. You will have to run a new wire to a switched ignition source so the alternator knows to turn on and off with the car. The old wire just remains unplugged, taped mine up with electrical tape to protect it. Basically my cars computer (canbus) thinks there's no charging system. Imid tells me to check my charging system every time I start the car but I just clear the message.

Also the stock battery is junk, cant believe Honda went so cheap on them.

Also the stock battery is junk, cant believe Honda went so cheap on them.
:yeahthat:

I'm not running an audio system but my battery only lasted 2 years. It literally went from fine to so dead the car wouldn't turn on in the span of me hand washing the car.

:yeahthat:

I'm not running an audio system but my battery only lasted 2 years. It literally went from fine to so dead the car wouldn't turn on in the span of me hand washing the car.

What battery did you replace it with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What battery did you replace it with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went with an optima yellowtop since i auto x the car. Hasnt given me any problems yet, though some others said they have not had so favorible experiences with yellowtops.

Back