Limited Mugen RZ Being Produced Off 2013 Honda CR-Z Facelift

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2013 Mugen RZ Goes Into Production
1JHeT.sized.jpg

Honda just revealed the updated Honda CR-Z in Paris this past week. Now, Mugen has announced the latest upgrade package for the 2013 Honda CR-Z facelift, which is called Honda CR-Z MUGEN RZ.

Under the hood, it's powered by a supercharged 1.5L which takes it from 112hp to 176hp. There will be 300 units produced. The supercharged version of the CR-Z that Mugen teased us with at this year’s Tokyo Auto Salon in January is finally becoming a reality, and it follows on from the mighty Civic “double-R” of five years ago.

8Jmaa.sized.jpg

Tcnp7.sized.jpg

1215740687_4_L_001.jpg

1215740687_6_L.sized.jpg

It will probably be a blast to drive too.

Agreed that rear spoiler is so out of place. Last year at SEMA honda had a few cr-z's dressed up but mum was the word what was brewing under the hood.. The CR-z should really be expanded to a 3rd trim level. Bring us a 1.6 turbo 4!:D

I would love to know why Honda doesn't build a limited run (200-500 units) in the U.S. to see how they do. I have to believe they would be gobbled up - even at an elevated price.
Honda has been way to conservative. They killed the V10 nsx replacement with the excuse of the world financial market crash in 2008. They have floundered with Acura who's identity is still not a level field with the other luxury performance manufacturer's..

Honda has been way to conservative. They killed the V10 nsx replacement with the excuse of the world financial market crash in 2008. They have floundered with Acura who's identity is still not a level field with the other luxury performance manufacturer's..
How about the Mugen Legend Max? That could have been a promising super car.

I would love to know why Honda doesn't build a limited run (200-500 units) in the U.S. to see how they do. I have to believe they would be gobbled up - even at an elevated price.
It would be well over $30k since it has a 'Mugen' name. (The Mugen Si doesn't count since performance wasn't altered. Lol.)

wished Mugen had a USA branch so they can make visors for our 9ths :sadbanana:I know KingMotorsports is the Official Mugen supplier, but they carry the JDM stuff...

they're only producing 300, wonder how pricey they're going to set them at

I haven't seen any official pricing posted anywhere.

I heard the price equivalent that Honda wants is around $55k USD. I can't confirm it though.

Back