Live reveal of the 2014 corvette..watch NOW

I hear the tires aren't even good for dry roads

I'm not a fan of runflats, but they get a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports ZP.

I'm running (non-runflat) Michelin PSS on my vette, and they seem to provide ample traction and performance. I would never even think of driving in the snow though. :pat:

The C6 standard tire was a GY Eagle runflat, which were terrible.

I'm not a fan of runflats, but they get a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports ZP.

I'm running (non-runflat) Michelin PSS on my vette, and they seem to provide ample traction and performance. I would never even think of driving in the snow though. :pat:

The C6 standard tire was a GY Eagle runflat, which were terrible.

See the RE-11's didn't last long....lol

I remember your position in run flats....

2015 Corvette Stingray Will Offer Performance Data Recorder

Chevrolet today announced an industry-first Performance Data Recorder for the 2015 Corvette Stingray at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Featuring integrated video, audio and motorsport-inspired telemetry recording capability. The system enables users to record high-definition video, with telemetry overlays, of their driving experiences on and off the track.
The PDR system includes three major components.

First up
is a 720p, high-definition camera mounted within the windshield header trim, which records the driver’s point-of-view through the windshield. A dedicated microphone in the cabin is responsible for audio recording.

The second component is a self-contained telemetry recorder, which uses a dedicated GPS receiver operating at 5 hertz, or cycles per second. That’s five times faster than the in-dash navigation system, thus allowing more precise positioning and corner traces. The recorder is connected to the Stingray’s Controller Area Network (CAN) to access vehicle information, including engine speed, transmission-gear selection, braking force, steering-wheel angle and others.

Finally, the third major component is a dedicated SD-card slot in the glove box for recording and transferring video and vehicle data. An 8-gigabyte card can record approximately 200 minutes, while a 32-GB card stores up to about 800 minutes – more than 13 hours of driving time.

Recorded videos can be viewed on the Corvette Stingray’s 8-inch color touchscreen when the car is parked, or downloaded to a computer.

Developed in cooperation with Cosworth, the Performance Data Recorder will be available later in the third quarter of 2014 with the start of regular 2015 Corvette production.

Chevrolet will announce pricing closer to launch. Until then, you can see how the system works from the official videos posted below.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Y97QLDfKs

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGu3QKACZEA

I think it'd be pretty cool for people who track their vette!

jzfrc7.png

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-z06-supercar-reveal.html

It looks like a 6 figure car. Probably easily over $90k.

- 8L90E 8-Speed Automatic available! Only 620+ hp car so equipped
- Steel torque tube replaced with woven c/f
- 60% more rigid chassis, with roof on, than C6 Z06
- 2.2" wider front track
- 3" wider rear track
- Wheel and tire sizes from C6 ZR1
- 3 levels, with varying degrees of aero downforce, with the Z07 version having more d/f than any production car GM's tested in their wind tunnel
- Compact 1.7L supercharger capable of 20,000 rpm and 9.5 psi of boost
- Pre-production versions set lap records @ Milford, beating ZR1 lap times

Chevrolet won the car debuts today, imo.

Back