Looking for new tires and 2014+ no TPMS sensor

sircoffee

California
Vehicle Model
Civic EX
Body Style
Sedan
I've been thinking about getting new tires already and I've decided long and hard on michelin defenders. The cheapest place I could get is at Costco right now with their rebate. After some research, I found out that the 2014 and 2015 civics do NOT have a physical TPMS sensor, instead it checks tire pressure using the VSA system by the tire's rotational speed.
That's new to me. So I'm guessing that I don't need to pay for the new TPMS valve equipment right?

I would urge to not get Mich Defender's (from my experience) as they are a cheap way to lure people into a over priced cheap tire. I've mounted 200+ mich defenders plus other mich's and I HATE to say that their quality is garbage now. 75% of tires i mount and balance with a Michelin name have high road force and are not round at all! The defenders have HARD tread material to give long mileage "ratings" but a soft sidewall to help ride quality....average tire overall but my sumitomo HTR ZIII's are a better product for (ex florida where temps don't matter) southern states. Over the past 3+ years I've watched Michelin tires decrease in quality because of such a demand and at the same time thought sumitomo was crap. I'm talking $250+ Michelin tires no better than a 100$ off brand....take or leave it but food for thought.

Back