Low tire pressure light.

Michael Sanford

Vehicle Model
2014 Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So, long story short, I went in for oil change and the honda tech noticed there was a nail in my back two tires. They patched it up about 2 weeks ago. No issues since. Last night I was headed up to North GA and was driving quite spirited (115 to be exact) shortly after that the tire pressure light came on. I've measured all tires and they are are all at 32psi. Just wanted to see if I should take it back to honda or just reset the alert. Thanks!

1st, did you check the tyres cold at 32? If so I'd reset and only take it to the dealer if it comes on again.

1st, did you check the tyres cold at 32? If so I'd reset and only take it to the dealer if it comes on again.
That might be it. It was about 20°f cooler were I was staying. I'll reset and keep an eye out.

Seems like I lose 4 a month [emoji52]
All 4 tires are new [emoji17]
I had this same problem when I first got my Civic. My tpms would come on multiple times and I would lose pressure in only 1 tire. After taking it to the dealer a couple of times they found it to be a bad bead seal in the tire. Replaced it at no charge and haven't had a problem since. Also just because they are new doesn't mean you didn't pick up something on the way home.

I had this same problem when I first got my Civic. My tpms would come on multiple times and I would lose pressure in only 1 tire. After taking it to the dealer a couple of times they found it to be a bad bead seal in the tire. Replaced it at no charge and haven't had a problem since. Also just because they are new doesn't mean you didn't pick up something on the way home.
In all 4 tires though, it was a problem on my last set of tires too

Not that I know of no
In North Dakota we see some extreme temperature changes, not uncommon for a 30 to 40 degree change in 24 hours. I have all my tires filled with nitrogen instead of air. Nitrogen is less susceptible to temperature changes and doesn't lose pressure as fast as air does. It is an additional charge but it usually isn't much.

[
does anybody know how to reset recalibrate or both the "check TPMS" light and warning on the digital display, the procedure is not like a 2015 as there is not the tpms option in the digital readout, all tires to include the spare have been set to factory specs as detailed in the door jam and the vehicle has run 300 miles so far with the light on.
vehicle 2013 Civic LX
thanks

[
does anybody know how to reset recalibrate or both the "check TPMS" light and warning on the digital display, the procedure is not like a 2015 as there is not the tpms option in the digital readout, all tires to include the spare have been set to factory specs as detailed in the door jam and the vehicle has run 300 miles so far with the light on.
vehicle 2013 Civic LX
thanks
Do you have the factory wheels/tires on the car? If you do, and you still have a tpms warning, you need to go to a dealer. They can see if one of the sensors is damaged, or if there is an issue with the battery etc.

Back