Mainstream vehicular paradigms, fuel sources

Stonetrooper

Hey what sup 9th gen,

I know that is has been a long time since my last post and I want to fill you all in on what I have been thinking about. Every time I get in the car and drive somewhere I am aware that I can turn my eco mode on or off (2012 civic). This awareness has sparked a fire inside of me. From this initial "eco mode " awareness I then started to question if burning fossil fuels is a good idea. After doing research I have learned about alternative fuel sources and want to discuss them.

Ethanol
Our government currently utilizes one of these sources which is known as ethanol. From my understanding ethanol uses more energy to create than it gives back to consumers. If we track the production energy that it takes to manufacture, ship, and produce ethanol it requires more units of energy than it produces rendering it completely inefficient and wasteful. Our U.S. tax dollars however go towards subsidizing farmers who produce massive amounts of corn for this purpose. The corn is massively produced with artificial fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, etc which is really bad for the environment.

HEMP

From what I have found out online is that Henry Ford once grew a plant known as Hemp. This plant is currently outlawed in the U.S. because it is considered to be the same thing as marijuana. Hemp is a non psychoactive version of marijuana or cannabis and it serves many purposes one of which is it can be converted into a biofuel. The conversion process and % rate of energy of hemp biofuel is way more efficient and eco friendly to that of the corn ethanol. Here is a link to Henry Fords car that was built with hemp (
View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKDTfQMhfg
) Hemp is a much cleaner plant which does not have any draw backs. It is easy to produce and doesnt poison the land. There are many facts about this and I suggest you do some of your own research as I am just trying to raise awareness.

So if this technology exists does anyone else besides me have the conscious thought that we are sheeple playing into the big corporation/government game? I hate driving a combustion engine that pollutes the world and claims to be good on gas mileage and features an "eco" mode. What a joke .. You can google hemp vs. ethanol and find plenty of sources that explain what I am trying to express in greater detail. Lemme know what yall think. My ideas go beyond just this one idea. Atleast hemp is up for vote http://blog.norml.org/2013/06/05/lawmakers-to-vote-on-hemp-amendment-to-farm-bill/

Last edited:
I remember a long time ago it was explained that to stop using hemp was more wrapped around big money, and never had anything to do with pot, as you said......

There's something I was reading a while back about our Earth's climate changes, And this is one that I haven't heard before, but their reports were that temps taken of other planets are up due to the Suns projected heat(solar flares, etc.), so it could be it's not our planet that's creating this change as much as it's Sun induced and what we do here isn't as big a deal as they make it..... Not saying we shouldn't try to keep our air and water clean............ But, I'd rather hear the truth in news no matter what it's about.

Now to watch Webby's video..........

I remember a long time ago it was explained that to stop using hemp was more wrapped around big money, and never had anything to do with pot, as you said......

There's something I was reading a while back about our Earth's climate changes, And this is one that I haven't heard before, but their reports were that temps taken of other planets are up due to the Suns projected heat(solar flares, etc.), so it could be it's not our planet that's creating this change as much as it's Sun induced and what we do here isn't as big a deal as they make it..... Not saying we shouldn't try to keep our air and water clean............ But, I'd rather hear the truth in news no matter what it's about.

Now to watch Webby's video..........

Here is just one side effect of the pollution created from non organic farming production (use of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, etc) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_zone_(ecology) .

I watched all the vid's , that amazing all the crap plastic and such in the Ocean, the 1st I heard of it was when Japan had that wash out and all their stuff started coming over here, but it looks like it's been going on since the beginning of plastics........... that's just nasty, thanks for sharing........

Last edited:
Hey Cheech and Chong had a "hemp" van a long time ago. The whole thing was pressed "hemp" fiber panels. Straight weed wrapped in chicken wire for the grill though. They knew what was up.... too bad they didn't get a good fitting exhaust and it was too close to the bumper and started burning the panels... total ricers.... even the cop got high.

weed-van-cheech-and-chong.jpg

upinsmoke.jpg

Last edited:
Back