mbcarino photography

hey_mikey

Concord, NC
Vehicle Model
Accord Sport
Body Style
Sedan
I haven't been home long enough to get enough photos together to start a decent thread of my work, but here's a couple teasers to get started. These were from my and my wife's honeymoon in Bora Bora, French Polynesia. The vertical shot makes a great iPhone wallpaper/background and the horizontal shot is big enough to use as a wall paper on monitors up to 1920x1080.

BoraBora-1920L.jpg

BoraBora-1200P.jpg

very nice. Another member here "brutphoto" uses the 7d camera as well. Beautiful scenery

I just looked at the exif data from the browser. I know firefox/chrome both have free extensions to view pic data.

very nice. Another member here "brutphoto" uses the 7d camera as well. Beautiful scenery
Great Photos man:thumb:...Rundown of your gear would be nice to

thanks. for this trip the planes flying into Bora Bora were supposedly really strict on weight, so I packed light with just my 7D, EF-S 10-22, 28-135IS, and 70-200 f/2.8L, along with my powershot D10 and S90. I didn't even bring a tripod, which I kicked myself for once we got there.

I ended up selling a lot of my stuff (5D, 5D II, some of my lenses) since we're moving and I needed the cash. Right now my kit consists of:
  • 7D
  • 10-22
  • 18-135IS
  • 70-200 2.8L
  • 50 1.4
  • 35 2.0
  • 15mm fish (which is useless without my FF cameras)
  • 2 430EX speedlites
  • RadioPopper JrX triggers w/ remote adjustment
  • 2x 150 watt/s monolight kit
Everything else I need, I rent, because we have a great local shop that rents equipment at reasonable prices.

thanks. for this trip the planes flying into Bora Bora were supposedly really strict on weight, so I packed light with just my 7D, EF-S 10-22, 28-135IS, and 70-200 f/2.8L, along with my powershot D10 and S90. I didn't even bring a tripod, which I kicked myself for once we got there.

I ended up selling a lot of my stuff (5D, 5D II, some of my lenses) since we're moving and I needed the cash. Right now my kit consists of:
  • 7D
  • 10-22
  • 18-135IS
  • 70-200 2.8L
  • 50 1.4
  • 35 2.0
  • 15mm fish (which is useless without my FF cameras)
  • 2 430EX speedlites
  • RadioPopper JrX triggers w/ remote adjustment
  • 2x 150 watt/s monolight kit
Everything else I need, I rent, because we have a great local shop that rents equipment at reasonable prices.
Wow nice gear you have there Sir.

Works the treat...Thanks

no real need for the 15mm when you have the 10-22. How do you like your 50 1.4?

I like it. I got lucky with a sharp copy that focuses well. it's very usable wide open, but stopped down to 1.8 to 2.0, it starts to get super sharp.

Wow nice gear you have there Sir.

Works the treat...Thanks

I started out in digital SLRs with a rebel xt back in like 2004 or 2005. haha. when I started doing weddings, a lot of brides wouldn't even consider you unless you had a big camera with big lenses with red stripes, so I had to upgrade. I also used to do a lot of printing in house. with my iPF6100, I can do gallery quality prints up to 24" wide. Now I gotta figure out a way to ship it to NC when we move.

I've been shooting off and on since I was little, and learned on black and white film. I also have large format (4x5) gear, but it's a pain to ship darkroom chemicals to Hawaii, so I haven't bothered with film in a long time. I do miss the darkroom tho. Film always had this quality that you just can't match with digital. I guess it's like vinyl records vs. cds. there's always gonna be that nostalgia.

it's suuuuper slow today, so I thought I'd practice some product photography shots. what do you guys think? I think I'm getting a little rusty...

Here's the final edit..._MG_8457-Edit.jpg

And the original scene...
Civic-Si-Honda.jpg

Back