Megan Coilovers....

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
So a couple questions I have about these and a few things I noticed.... So I recently placed an order for a new strut from Megan due to my own stupidity I over torqued one of the top nuts and snapped the top of the strut. No big deal I called Megan an ordered a new strut. Today when I went to do the Install the top washer that sits under the 17mm nut would not fit on the strut nothing a step bit could not fix.... But when I was comparing the new strut to the old one the overall thickness of the new strut is significant compared to the old one. Now when I placed my order I made sure to verify I was getting the correct part and that they were aware my car was a 13, My coil's are from a 12 model. So what this bring me to is that it looks like Megan has made some changes in the parts they are using in the newer models they are producing. The other thing I noticed when installing the rears and I could be way off on this is that when installing the rear driver's side spring it went in like nothing it almost seemed like the spring was to small. Now when I got to the right rear it was another story nothing went smooth at all and it seemed like that spring was never gonna go in my question about that would be I know changes were made between the 12 and 13 suspension Should those rear spring be swapped around ? everything works fine as is no noises no clunks nada and the new strut works perfect. Kinda curious if anyone else has run into anything similar.

I'll say 2 things.
1. I know Megan just recently went through a rebrand of sorts because they changed colors and shapes of certain items so it could easily be that they changed the strut slightly as well.
2. I had the same EXACT issue with my rear springs, but I chalked it up to my inexperience with suspension. 6-8 months later and no issues, so I'm sure it's fine.

But if it's still bothering you, place a call to Megan and ask about it, the people I've talked to there have always been very helpful and knowledgeable.

Back