Messed up part of my head unit install - 2012 civic lx 2 door

mythic01

Hey folks
So I installed a Sony XAV-AX3000 this weekend.
It actually all in all went reasonably well.
Where I went wrong sadly is when I tried splicing the control wires for the AXXESS AWSC-1 ( blue pink and pink wire ) into the wire#3 and #13 on a 20 pin connector (which doesn't actually plug into anything after the new head unit is installed).
Unfortunately as I tried to strip the wire (which is very very thin, 20 gauge or smaller), it ended up splitting in two, very close to the plug connector, so there is really no space for me to solder the two wire ends back together.
Regardless, I still connected the appropriate wire endings as described in the ASWC-1 instructions, but the control module would not recognize the connection ( indicated via a series of 7 flashing green lights and then 4 red ).
I ended up taping off the steering wheel control endings and putting together the dash again without the steering wheel controls installed.
Can anyone advise how to repair the wire which was cut? Can the pins be removed and replaced on these factory connectors?
And does anyone have experience putting in a ASWC-1 module into a 9th gen civic?
Thanks!

A pick set would be clutch if you got one. Thru should be small enough to get into those tight spaces. I got mine at Lowe's a few months ago. Don't remember the price, but there's several different picks and a small screwdriver with several different ends.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would not worry about repairing the wire because you are not currently going back to the oem headunit

I think the instructions said 7 flashing green means it is detecting the wire connected to the vehicle, then 4 red means you have a Sony or Dual headunit. Next is to go into the headunits setting to program the swc to the headunit. With wifey's Dual headunit I had to press each button and tell the headunit what button I pressed. I pressed Vol + and on the headunit I had to say it was Vol+

Back