squiggy

Cartographer
VIP Member
Michiana
Vehicle Model
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Body Style
Convertible
For those of you who have put in an after market head unit, which dash kit did you use and how well do you feel it matches the dash color of the manufacturer?

I am also open to suggestions on other possible manufacturers.

Metra > Scosche

Metra matches the interior very well and has a nice OEM fit, that's all the sound shop I used to work for used.

Scosche seems to kind of be the lower end radio insallation accesories from my experience.

Metra > Scosche

Metra matches the interior very well and has a nice OEM fit, that's all the sound shop I used to work for used.

Scosche seems to kind of be the lower end radio insallation accesories from my experience.

Looks like the Metra one is also $10 cheaper on Amazon, too.

Already ordered. Unfortunately, it will be lonely for a while until I catch the head unit I want at the right price.

Thank you for the input!

Last edited:
And I just missed it at $360 with free Amazon Prime shipping. :banghead:

Plus $8 for shipping. I know, it is only $10, but I am cheap and Prime shipping would have had it to me on Tuesday.

Once you add all the additional parts into the mix, the total is quite a bit of money. Just trying to save where I can. Probably skipping out on a steering wheel control harness since I don't use the controls now. I have already ordered the parking brake bypass, too.

Last edited:
Congrats! Looks like a solid deal. If the dealer cost of Head units are the same as they used to be, the seller only made around $5.

Everything should be here within the week. I also ordered a license plate frame backup camera. I may need to add additional wires for iPod and/or USB connections at a later date.

Back