Minor disaster

mlhil

When I got home from the store today I found I had dinged a 5qt container of syn motor oil. Leaked about a qt of oil on the floor in the back seat of my si coupe. A lot of it is in the removable floor mat but there is quite a bit in the floor carpet. Any ideas? I can't see any obvious seams to get the carpet out. I guess because it is syn it does not smell to bad. At least I don't have to worry about the floor pan rusting right away.

if it just got in the carpet (and not the seats) then I would take it to a detailer to have it steamed and vacuumed, it should come up easy since the carpet is so thin

Great idea, just called them and they won't be able to do it till mon morning, but I think it should be ok. Now I just have to figure out how to blame it on my wife. Lol thanks!

Sorry to hear about that.......... For the rest of us, it's a lesson to learn from this...... Get a trunk tray matt and keep liquids out of the car.
Thx for sharing.......

Knew someone who had a similar mishap with a gas can. It was nearly impossible to get the smell out of the carpets. Horrible

Me Too !!!! Everything that can leak/poke holes/smell/etc. goes in the boot!

I had a pot of lamb stew or w/e in the trunk of my old car. It spilled and went into the nooks and crannies in the spare tire well (they didn't tell me there's a pot of liquid... the saran wrap will keep it out...). Car smelt like poo until the day I traded it in...

Thanks monk, I now have two on the way 1 for wife's ex and 1 for my si. We may have a cargo tray party.

Back