Misfiring

No insult intended but... Could it be perhaps be a bad soldering job?

I'd look at an EWD and see if your wires are properly spliced. If the new pigtails will suffice for that then cool but I would start there. Last way to eliminate a ground issue is to run a overlay or sister wire from the grounds eyelets straight to the negative terminal. Understanding power flow will help figure out this concern. If wires are spliced correctly then I would see if I'm getting a proper pulse signal from my ECU.

No insult intended but... Could it be perhaps be a bad soldering job?
I'd look at an EWD and see if your wires are properly spliced. If the new pigtails will suffice for that then cool but I would start there. Last way to eliminate a ground issue is to run a overlay or sister wire from the grounds eyelets straight to the negative terminal. Understanding power flow will help figure out this concern. If wires are spliced correctly then I would see if I'm getting a proper pulse signal from my ECU.
I'm watching this only because I'm curious to see what the fix is.
Good luck gettin it figured out @SimplicityFB6 :waiting:
in the beginning I was stoked on getting my rdx injectors. I put them on and swap out the clips and pigtails, after that I spliced and twist the wires together then I solder them and after that the car fired up with no problems. A week later I didn't like how my wires from the pig tails stick out so I thought it would be better to cut them, splice, then resolder. Then I started having problems. Top pic was before I cut the wires and bottom pic is after. Do you think it's too short?
bdc18c39d6a65a490341e79c67fb9fae.jpg
dd6a3c5fb240373166110d2756e6ed62.jpg

I don't get it... I replaced all the injector connectors and spliced the wires (without soldering) and it's still misfiring

A noid light or DMM to check signal on the injector wires would be were I would look at. Have you tried swapping inj 1 wires around to see if the misfire changes? Your down to only 1 injector now though. Your problem is getting pretty in depth that online help is going to be hard to give without some testing.The only thing you've changed is the injectors and wires/splices correct? Check signal pre splice and after splice since this should be the only change. Only other issue would be injectors but you could swap those around without changing splices to see if the misfire changes cyl.

Don't they have plug and play clips for the rdx injectors without having to do any splicing.
They do but you have to swap clips/connectors to the the stock wires but I found out that the tab locks on the rdx injectors clips won't hold the stock wire tabs that's why I had to splice.

A noid light or DMM to check signal on the injector wires would be were I would look at. Have you tried swapping inj 1 wires around to see if the misfire changes? Your down to only 1 injector now though. Your problem is getting pretty in depth that online help is going to be hard to give without some testing.The only thing you've changed is the injectors and wires/splices correct? Check signal pre splice and after splice since this should be the only change. Only other issue would be injectors but you could swap those around without changing splices to see if the misfire changes cyl.
I'm starting to think it's a bad injector. Tomorrow I'm going to swap injector from cylinder 1 to 2 and clear the code and to see what code comes back on.

That would be the easiest way to eliminate and injector issue then move one from there. The problem lies within whatever was changed, good luck man.

Back