Mixed Emotions, Rims on non-si civics

I have to stop searching but maybe someone else can chime in... I recall, I think marc-o-licious ? ..linked to a site that was essentially a Craigslist of nothing but used aftermarket and oem rims. I cannot find the site online. Anyone..?

I have to stop searching but maybe someone else can chime in... I recall, I think marc-o-licious ? ..linked to a site that was essentially a Craigslist of nothing but used aftermarket and oem rims. I cannot find the site online. Anyone..?
well shoot, that would be perfect

What's your budget total? Wheels and tires. Or are you looking to stay stock size and run the same tires?

Lol thanks guys! I kinda went off On a rant there :p
Ian I would suggest going with some Motegi rims. Sure they're not the best out there but you can still get a decent looking wheel cheap ($140-175 range) you can get the look you want without breaking the bank and you can always use them as a winter rim or better yet pass them on to someone in a similar situation when you are out of school and have more disposable income. (Fast wheels also make some decent looking wheels for the budget conscious)

I don't think that's it, but that could be helpful for others. I literally thought it was nothing but wheels... regardless,.. could be a nice link

Sometimes its not the fact the car is too expensive in the case of the si, or its a daily driver that you have to get more fuel economy out of so people may choose an lx,ex, exl. regradless they do dress up well. And lets face it, insurance can definitely put a damper on a monthly budget. When i bought my 1993 si my insurance was $2400 for the 1st year! (almost the same as my car payment lol) Heres some pics of a 2012 lx coupe we have dressed up, looks like a million bucks!
IMG_0807.JPGIMG_0808.JPGIMG_0809.JPG

zoidberg, those look very nice.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I found a set of 08' civic si rims that look similiar to your HFP rims. similiar, not as cool, but similiar.

I'm pretty happy. i got them for 50 bucks a rim, which as far as i can tell is a very fair price. And well within my budget.
PGU3R.jpg

I think they are one of the better si rims of the past couple generation. Sporty, but not too flashy. now I just have to save up for the tires :3

I actually like the ones you picked up for $50 better than the ones that come on the current gen. Sweet find! Be sure to post pics when they are mounted up!!!

I actually like the ones you picked up for $50 better than the ones that come on the current gen. Sweet find! Be sure to post pics when they are mounted up!!!
its funny because...the civic si 8th gen was more angular and they had smoother looking wheels. Now they have a smoothed out mercedes benz looking body....but crazy angular wheels. Not saying I don't like them, I just found that interesting.

Will post pics when I get them mounted. Hope the 17s don't make my stock ex sit too high.

Who cares what people say..... I run 17x8 wheels on my LX cause I really do enjoy a larger wider tire on the car, since I do like traction.....Do what you want it's yours

Agree with everyone on this topic so far. OP your friend sounds like an idiot and is probably jealous of your new car. Think to yourself what would be the best place to put your money in your new car. If you feel a wheel upgrade is top priority go for it. Any and every car can look better with aftermarket wheels. The 5 spoke Si wheels you got look awesome and will probably make your car look even better.

Expensive rims aren't always light, so that means their not just for racers. There's a lot of factors that go into why the rims is the price it is.
And light rims aren't just for racers either. Lighter car=better gas mileage.

Back