MOD-Friendly Dealers in L.A. Metro.

phil136

Los Angeles CA
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
Anyone know of mod-friendly dealers around Los Angeles county; preferably San Gabriel Valley. Share experiences also; Even bad ones (would help others).

Also. Anyone have experience with Robertson Honda, North Hollywood?

Sorry brotha, I have not taken my car to any dealership, as my car is a huge red flag lol

Anything specific you're looking to a have a dealership do....that you think they're going to have issues with? I've seen some really heavily modified civics at dealerships. The dealerships didn't seem to care at all. The only time they'd care is if you'd be trying to get something repaired under warranty when all of the parts around the broken one are heavily modified. Such as... expecting them to fix a blown motor when you have a turbo. Asking to have blown shocks replaced, when your car is scraping the ground.... etc.

Anything specific you're looking to a have a dealership do....that you think they're going to have issues with? I've seen some really heavily modified civics at dealerships. The dealerships didn't seem to care at all. The only time they'd care is if you'd be trying to get something repaired under warranty when all of the parts around the broken one are heavily modified. Such as... expecting them to fix a blown motor when you have a turbo. Asking to have blown shocks replaced, when your car is scraping the ground.... etc.
I'm over 25k miles and I'm looking on doing a minor and I was wondering whether taking it to the dealership is a good idea or not? From what I know is that dealerships don't use a full synthetic oil, they use some type of mixture, I'm wondering if switching to that mixture wil create any issues. Also, I'm sure they wouldn't use a torque wrench for my lug nuts LOL this is why I'm paranoid on taking it to the dealership.

You'll not have any issues with using the 0w-20 synthetic blend honda has. That's what came in the car from the factory. I'm sure they wouldn't use a torque wrench on the lugs. I can't say that I've ever seen a shop do lugs that way in all honesty. You could always provide the oil you want. I have heard some users say they provide the oil and just want charged a labor rate or whatever.

Last edited:
You'll not have any issues with using the 0w-20 synthetic blend honda has. That's what came in the car from the factory. I'm sure they wouldn't use a torque wrench on the lugs. I can't say that I've ever seen a shop do lugs that way in all honesty. You could always provide the oil you want. I have heard some users say they provide the oil and just want charged a labor rate or whatever.
Thank you Webby.

Last edited by a moderator:

No, Just wanted to take it in for service, and didn't want to deal with assholes in service department. The kind that try to say we wont work on your car cause its modified. Im only putting H&R springs on, and wheels/ tires. No engine modding

Also, If I dont get my service done at the dealer can they use that against me when it come to warranty repairs?

Last edited:
I did read that thread. I know the burden of proof lies with the dealer; however don't wanna have the burden of assholes and trying to prove something to them. I had read on on many forums some dealers will try their best to flag you.

They cannot flag your whole car for having springs on it. It'd never happen

You can have your car serviced anywhere you please, as long as they are qualified. You can do the service yourself, just save your receipts and maybe a copy of a checklist. Part of that law is that they CANNOT force you to take it to them to have work done by them. I used to take my Subaru to my local Honda dealer for oil changes. When my engine spun a bearing at 35,000 miles, they wanted to see all my records of my oil changes. I went to Honda and they printed a history out and I took that in. At that point they replaced it, no more questions.

Back