Moddication Shift knob

Ar0maticdecay

I'm about to order this knob.

http://shop.moddiction.com/Moddiction-Anvil-Textured-Shift-Knobs-003.htm

anyone have any experience with powder coatings? from these pics it looks like it's really glossy and in other pics it doesn't. i don't really want a plasticy looking shift knob. if someone has one of these or a flossy in their car how do u like it? glossy? shiny? grippy? how is the coating holding up?

and btw. Ryan is awesome so far. Answered a ton of questions and gets back to u fast.

Last edited:
The powder coated one is like the flossy one, they also have a clear coated powder coated one. I got the brushed stainless one.

i think my big issue with it was it looked really shiny in pics.. i would rather it not. also i want it grippy.. the knob is really nice though it's counter sunk. it scews down so low u cant see the boot retainer and it just about touches teh boot.. that's a short enough shifter for me :)

i think my big issue with it was it looked really shiny in pics.. i would rather it not. also i want it grippy.. the knob is really nice though it's counter sunk. it scews down so low u cant see the boot retainer and it just about touches teh boot.. that's a short enough shifter for me :)

If you use your stock boot like i did, the natural tension of the boot keeps it pressed against the bottom. I don't have any extra locks on it or anything

The Moddiction knob is similar to the TWM M1 Abrams in terms of size, weight, and countersink design. I'd choose the Moddiction Anvil over the M1 bc it's $65 cheaper in starting price and TWM is usually overpriced for no reason.

IMG_1017.jpg
I powder coat as a hobby. The finish is down to the powder used - some are "mirror" - syrupy like; others are matte; others have texture; it all comes down to the powder. The valve cover is textured black - the exhaust heat shield is mirror red.

Last edited:
I have a Moddiction shift knob, however it's not the powder coated one. I'm looking into ordering another knob from Moddiction, perhaps a powder coated one. Needless to say... you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
My brushed stainless Anvil ball knob arrived today. Right now, it's doing yeoman's duty as a paperweight, but will be installed ASAP.

Last edited:
You will love it! I really like mine now with the billet pro short shifter.

I installed the Anvil knob this afternoon. I got the boot clips released without breaking anything and the rest was a piece of cake. The brushed stainless ball knob is as smooth as a baby's bottom. The only disappointing thing is that the stock boot lacks the natural tension Hotshot mentioned. Like me, my boot is kinda limp. I'll need a solution for this.

I think what I learned through the process is that unless one installs a countersunk knob, Honda's black plastic sleeve can be used to hold up the boot. I tried mounting the knob on top of the sleeve but I could not even engage any threads. Even if I had been able to engage the threads on the sleeve, that would have defeated the purpose of purchasing the countersunk knob.

I went for a ride after installing the knob. Went up on the expressway so I could get through all the gears and the car shifts nicely. I'm not sure if I will stay with this super slick knob. May have to try the red wrinkle knob, like Bacon's, for what I hope would be a little more texture and surer grip.

Last edited:
I went away from the Anvil for a few days and tried the Skunk2 Billet knob. It was okay but was noticeably higher. I'm back to the Anvil again.

I wonder, but don't know, how low the TWM M1 Abrams sits compared to the Anvil. Also wonder if the size of the ball is the same. Does anybody know?

Moddiction Anvil and TWM M1 Abrams are the same in size and weight. They both have the countersunk thread.

Anvil:
-2" diameter
-Over a pound
-304 SS Steel
-$59.99

M1 Abrams:
-2" diameter
-1.01 pound
-Material is an unknown SS
$124.95

I usually don't recommend TWM to anyone since they over charge their products.

Thanks Dar-Dar. I agree about the cost of the M1. What I like about it though is the fact they also offer that attachment that connects the knob to the boot. A nice finished look.

Thanks Dar-Dar. I agree about the cost of the M1. What I like about it though is the fact they also offer that attachment that connects the knob to the boot. A nice finished look.

No problem.

Which attachment would that be?

Wow, $40 though. I'm just not sure if it is worth over $170 for a shift knob and a retainer...

I agree. TWM wants almost $20 to ship just the retainer by itself. Amazing. I think, with your help, I just talked myself out of this. Long live the Anvil.

Back