Morimoto XB LED foglight housing.

Sleepingpanda

Kung-Fu Panda
Boston, MA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So I decided to pick up the morimoto xb led foglights from theretrofitsource. I have to say I'm very satisfied. I was a bit skeptical at first. LEDs always look nice but the output always sucks. These surprisingly output a good amount of light. Especially for a fog light.

The beam is very wide. And narrow. Sharp cutoff. They're bright without blinding everyone.

I have had terrible experience in the past with HID in the fogs. They were very bright but blinded everyone. And ballasts would burnout about once every 4 months from water.

These were 100% bolt in to the factory brackets. Install couldn't be easier.

Picture of the light on the wall is JUST the fog lights on. No headlight. 20150730_112900.jpg 20150730_112903.jpg 20150730_112911.jpg 20150730_120535.jpg 20150730_173234.jpg 20150730_204245.jpg 20150730_204202.jpg

They look good. I was debating on getting those. I think I might get PIAA ion yellow instead as I would only want to use them in fog/rain (once i retrofit my headlights). The cut off is really sharp however their lamin X film seems to make it off white (greenish dirtty old white). Also I see from every picture that it really pushes out a strong beam forward while other traditional halogen bulbs light up the whole floor surrounding to fill the gap where the headlights light up. These, from the pictures I see, seem to push light forward almost where the headlight lights up.

I think if you don’t want to do a retrofit headlight and want to keep 9006 halogens, this might be good as it will push out strong light to compensate the poor halogen lighting. My 2 cents.

The PIAA yellow looks really sharp bright yellow to serve it’s purpose. If I were to do the LED’s I would probably stick to having them without the lumin X film. At that point I will have maximum 5000k lighting for the road ahead and lack yellow usable light when it rains/fogs/snows

They look good. I was debating on getting those. I think I might get PIAA ion yellow instead as I would only want to use them in fog/rain (once i retrofit my headlights). The cut off is really sharp however their lamin X film seems to make it off white (greenish dirtty old white). Also I see from every picture that it really pushes out a strong beam forward while other traditional halogen bulbs light up the whole floor surrounding to fill the gap where the headlights light up. These, from the pictures I see, seem to push light forward almost where the headlight lights up.

I think if you don’t want to do a retrofit headlight and want to keep 9006 halogens, this might be good as it will push out strong light to compensate the poor halogen lighting. My 2 cents.

The PIAA yellow looks really sharp bright yellow to serve it’s purpose. If I were to do the LED’s I would probably stick to having them without the lumin X film. At that point I will have maximum 5000k lighting for the road ahead and lack yellow usable light when it rains/fogs/snows

Trust me, these fill up the lower part where the headlights don't get. It enhances everything, and it's a very wide beam. Perfect fog lights. Much better than stock.

Are the connectors the same as factory as well @Sleepingpanda?

Yes. They just don't come assembled. Just in case someone's positive and negative is different. So all you gotta do is look and see which is ground and positive. Then just push the pins into the corresponding holes until it clicks. Then plug the light in. Very simple.

Last edited:
Wow looks great! What HID low beam temp. Do you have? And do you feel it's overkill or just right amount of lighting. I'm really considering buying these soon and without the lamin X as with the film on these it looks like the output looks like a washed out green/yellow/dull color. Great pics!

Btw, I'm asking because I'm planning on getting retrofit 5500k HID and wondering if it will be overkill or great combo

Btw, I'm asking because I'm planning on getting retrofit 5500k HID and wondering if it will be overkill or great combo

I think it'll be a great combo. Not overkill. In the pics my low beams aren't on. But I have 8k. And I'm swapping to 5k soon.

Dang they look great! Looking forward to seeing the night pics as well. If you don't mind can you take one with headlight alone and then with the fogs on as well. I think I'm going to purchase these within these two weeks! They look great!! Wish the lamin X didn't make them look like a washed out yellow/green color. I wanted to keep it JDM style or even yellow for the rainy/fog days but I guess I will keep it 5500k.

Looks great! Didn't you or someone else have problems with the OEM fog light bracket bolts? The

Yes, my bolts were totally rusted and seized. No amount of penetrating oil helped. Impact driver couldn't get them loose. I finally just said F it. And bought new brackets and hardware at the dealer.

Installed these today and, personally, not too impressed. The housings look much cooler and the light output is Slightly more than the stock halogen bulbs, but it's just nowhere near as bright as my 3K HIDs. I knew they wouldn't be as bright, but I expected them to be close. HIDs go back in tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back