Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

The phosphoric acid in coke supposedly breaks down the gunk. You’d want to spray it out with carb cleaner after on both soaking methods I mentioned.

I had to double check to see if you guys have ethanol gas, and a few sites said Canadian gas as of 2022 required all gas grades to have 10% ethanol. I would say you’ve been lucky to leave gas all winter and not have issues in spring (unless ethanol gas wasn’t common prior to 2022?). Either way, I would say take a couple min at the end of whatever season to empty small engine carbs and run the tool dry.
It's one of those things where i won't do it until it happens to me. Stubborn and lazy. Last time I stored my car I didn't bother putting any fuel stabilizer in it either.

But that guy was also was found dead.

Crazy news. Thanks for sharing. I hadn’t seen this yet.

In other news - dry wall goes up tomorrow! Project is beginning to wrap up
How’s the drywall coming? In other news

Boeing whistleblower says plane parts had serious defects​

Some messed up claims being made in the article if true

Soaked the lawn mower carb in cleaner for 5 hours today. Broke down and bought a $5 spark plug. Re assembled and now it runs with only the choke. Once the choke is off it stalls. So it's getting better.
Remove the carb and I'm soaking it over night. Pretty confident it's a carb issue now. If all else fails I'll put a screw to stop the choke from turning off.

Edit.
My manager is offering to give me her trampoline but I'm renting this house so I have to ask the landlord if it's ok because they have a house in front of ours. It's like being a kid again asking your parents permission. Still better than paying property tax and house upkeep.

Last edited:
Once the choke is off it stalls. So it's getting better.
so this could be an adjustment thing too. I had a mower with a throttle/carb adjustment cable coming down from the handles. It looks like this pic below. If you move the cable up or down it alters the position on the carb to open/close the air flap. I found mine had come loose from vibration probably over the years. I adjusted the cable up/down until it was running properly.

1715305870025.gif

I looked up the rpm rating for the mower in the manual, and then confirmed it with a gauge like this. You just wrap a cable around the spark plug wire, and it'll tell you the rpm it's running at.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Maintenance-Tachometer-Replaceable-Motorcycle-Paramotors/dp/B07PMJH7QV/

Your air flap on the carb may not be adjusted 100% if the cable isn't in the right location? No clue if you know the model # of the mower or if you have a manual?

so this could be an adjustment thing too. I had a mower with a throttle/carb adjustment cable coming down from the handles. It looks like this pic below. If you move the cable up or down it alters the position on the carb to open/close the air flap. I found mine had come loose from vibration probably over the years. I adjusted the cable up/down until it was running properly.

View attachment 66847

I looked up the rpm rating for the mower in the manual, and then confirmed it with a gauge like this. You just wrap a cable around the spark plug wire, and it'll tell you the rpm it's running at.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Maintenance-Tachometer-Replaceable-Motorcycle-Paramotors/dp/B07PMJH7QV/

Your air flap on the carb may not be adjusted 100% if the cable isn't in the right location? No clue if you know the model # of the mower or if you have a manual?

The throttle is controlled by a lever and something intern in the engine. I assume some kind of weight system. But that's not the issue because if I operate the throttle by hand it still won't run well without the choke. I just ordered a new carb. I hope it works.

73710500650__82D6F214-9833-43CC-A082-FA08405B7276.jpeg
Pic of my flip out camera screen. I’ll have to export them tomorrow to see how they turned out, but they’re crazy colorful on the screen.

You have another chance tonight
I was going to wake up my son to see last night but decided not to. He was mad this morning so I'll have to wake him up tonight to see it. He's really into space stuff.

Back