Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Hey folks, Happy New Year! I've been hiding out in the dark recesses of the interwebs since getting rid of my 9th. I traded for a 23 frontier. What can i say, ya boy needed a truck. Figured since my membership renewed again I'd drop by and see how y'all have been. I do have a new-to-me Honda though. I finally got a civic hatchback project to keep me (and my bank account) busy. I'm gonna have to come back more regularly, damn i missed this place. I hope you're all doing well in 2024. Look forward to catching up, I've been off the grid for a bit.

Attachments

• 20230829_200307.jpg
    20230829_200307.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20231021_151631.jpg
    20231021_151631.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20231021_151625.jpg
    20231021_151625.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 6
  • 20231021_151615.jpg
    20231021_151615.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20231231_130909_021.jpg
    IMG_20231231_130909_021.jpg
    677.9 KB · Views: 7
Wow what a project! What are the plans for the build? End goal?

Hey folks, Happy New Year! I've been hiding out in the dark recesses of the interwebs since getting rid of my 9th. I traded for a 23 frontier. What can i say, ya boy needed a truck. Figured since my membership renewed again I'd drop by and see how y'all have been. I do have a new-to-me Honda though. I finally got a civic hatchback project to keep me (and my bank account) busy. I'm gonna have to come back more regularly, damn i missed this place. I hope you're all doing well in 2024. Look forward to catching up, I've been off the grid for a bit.
did you bring DAD with you?

Happy New Year!

IZZAT AN EK?! :eek:

Ok, so the plan for the build (@webby) is just a good looking cruiser i can take to cars and coffee and just hang out and talk to people, maybe go to meets, maybe throw it in a few car shows, just to go chill all day with other enthusiasts. I don't plan on going crazy with it, just a solid, dependable car i can do car stuff with. Although the sunroof does present a certain headache. But since I'm not paying $300-$400+ shipping for one from a ukdm civic, I'll figure it out. And whoever had the car before me didn't weld the front half of the roof in they just did some bondo and seam sealer and called it good. So i guess I'm gonna learn how to weld fixing this thing up too. Has a few spots that need some love. But I'm just stoked to have something to work on.

Ok, so the plan for the build (@webby) is just a good looking cruiser i can take to cars and coffee and just hang out and talk to people, maybe go to meets, maybe throw it in a few car shows, just to go chill all day with other enthusiasts. I don't plan on going crazy with it, just a solid, dependable car i can do car stuff with. Although the sunroof does present a certain headache. But since I'm not paying $300-$400+ shipping for one from a ukdm civic, I'll figure it out. And whoever had the car before me didn't weld the front half of the roof in they just did some bondo and seam sealer and called it good. So i guess I'm gonna learn how to weld fixing this thing up too. Has a few spots that need some love. But I'm just stoked to have something to work on.
what's the plan on the engine? Are you going with the oem, or doing some type of K motor?

Sounds like a CF roof is needed :giggle:

Just cut out all the crap and panel bond the CF roof. Not dealing with sunroof either.

B motor for casual and K motor for that bling and cars and coffee points, lol

Sounds like a CF roof is needed :giggle:

Just cut out all the crap and panel bond the CF roof. Not dealing with sunroof either.

B motor for casual and K motor for that bling and cars and coffee points, lol
I'm keeping the sunroof. I'll just piece together one from a coupe with a sunroof and a sedan headliner, but that'll come later. I just picked up an eg subframe at the junkyard this past weekend. So k swap here we go. But first i got a bit of body work to tackle (the roof, some small stuff under the hood and the radiator support) after that it's just getting everything put back together. But it'll be a long process, but for me that's half the fun.

what's the plan on the engine? Are you going with the oem, or doing some type of K motor?
Yup, going k swap. Im shooting for a k24a2 right now. May or may not go awd, just the passive from the newer crv's. But i did learn that the 6 speed tsx gearset will fit in a crv trans...so there's that.

Back