Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

good ole gears and gasoline Ben.

said hes got $100k in to that car.
Prob….including the car cost, I would think. Has an IAG semi built block and all the goodies. Hell, even a Suby CF roof from a 209 version or whatever it’s called.

When I posted that link it already was at $40k

So I changed the oil on the Jeep and it’s about to hit 97,000 miles. @Janz3n what do you think it needs since it’s almost at 100k miles? I noticed the brake fluid was a little on the dark side and I'm thinking/pretty sure it hasn’t been changed ever. Prob a new serpentine belt? Spark plugs?

I did the coolant and all diff fluids at 85k miles.

How hard is it to do the plugs and belt? I saw the drivers side plugs are covered under the plastic intake.

Also saw I little bit of build up and fluid toward the bottom of the oil filter housing and toward the bottom of the block.

No drips on the garage floor or anything, so prob nothing to worry about?

IMG_1398.jpegIMG_1399.jpeg

one of the comments claimed a bunch of the parts were free from sponsors, but I have no clue if that's true

one of the comments claimed a bunch of the parts were free from sponsors, but I have no clue if that's true
I would say half the mods are “free”. I believe the whole video series is posted in the listing. They are pretty up front about saying something is sponsored but sometimes it’s not 100% clear.

and then the rest they claim for tax deductions, as well as the car itself most likely. I know other automotive youtubers have explained how they use all of the cars and parts as a tax write off.

So... they are making money but probably not a ton by selling the car.
I understand the vehicles are for content... if people aren't watching the content then they need something new.

and then the rest they claim for tax deductions, as well as the car itself most likely. I know other automotive youtubers have explained how they use all of the cars and parts as a tax write off.
Yup, if they use it for content, the car and any parts or other expenses (detailing, wrapping, etc.), are all filed as a business expense. Still tough to break out as Google is constantly changing the algorithm making it difficult to continue making money as a YouTuber (RCR did a bit on this recently) unless you have a large and loyal fanbase. Personally, I'd love to do that kind of work, it's what I enjoy doing, a lot like Jared on The Questionable Garage, but I'm a bit introverted to be a camera personality and don't have the time nor capital to get a YouTube "business" as an automotive enthusiast off the ground.

So I changed the oil on the Jeep and it’s about to hit 97,000 miles. @Janz3n what do you think it needs since it’s almost at 100k miles? I noticed the brake fluid was a little on the dark side and I'm thinking/pretty sure it hasn’t been changed ever. Prob a new serpentine belt? Spark plugs?

I did the coolant and all diff fluids at 85k miles.

How hard is it to do the plugs and belt? I saw the drivers side plugs are covered under the plastic intake.

Also saw I little bit of build up and fluid toward the bottom of the oil filter housing and toward the bottom of the block.

No drips on the garage floor or anything, so prob nothing to worry about?

View attachment 66816View attachment 66817
I forget what year it is? Looks like a 3.6 pentastar. Leak is most likely the timing cover.
Plugs generally aren't due till 160k kms what ever that is in Merican. But you can always check one that's easy to get to on the passenger side. Upper intake has to come off for the drivers side. Not too difficult. I've done hundreds so it's pretty easy. Once you're in there you might as well do other seals and gaskets like the valve covers.

I can show you the maintenance schedule when I get to work.

I forget what year it is? Looks like a 3.6 pentastar. Leak is most likely the timing cover.
Plugs generally aren't due till 160k kms what ever that is in Merican. But you can always check one that's easy to get to on the passenger side. Upper intake has to come off for the drivers side. Not too difficult. I've done hundreds so it's pretty easy. Once you're in there you might as well do other seals and gaskets like the valve covers.

I can show you the maintenance schedule when I get to work.
160k km is 100k miles.....so basically there.

I saw a couple vids so I might end up tackling the belt and plugs. I saw someone grease up 2 pulleys but i might just replace them since I'm in there.

Maint schedule would be cool to see. I'm not trying to get super involved but do want to hit up a couple items since its at 100k miles and we aren't planning on getting rid of it any time soon.

160k km is 100k miles.....so basically there.

I saw a couple vids so I might end up tackling the belt and plugs. I saw someone grease up 2 pulleys but i might just replace them since I'm in there.

Maint schedule would be cool to see. I'm not trying to get super involved but do want to hit up a couple items since its at 100k miles and we aren't planning on getting rid of it any time soon.
sent a pm.

RIP :sadface:

ap26627cac19e6a3.jpg

Back