Mounting sub box. Will I hit gas tank

treefrog

Erie, PA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I want to mount my sub box in my trunk with 1 inch self tapping screws. My question is will I hit the gas tank. I'm not sure where the tank is. I Drive a 2012 Civic Si coupe.

Thanks

I have yet to attempt permanently mounting anything in the trunk yet.

I'll probably just do what I did on my 8th gen. Screw into a board under the mat. Attach the board to the car with coat hangers by drilling holes in the board and tieing it to the rear beam that's under carpet when you fold the seats down. Sounds dumb but it worked

I took a scrap piece of wood, painted it black, put some hd Velcro on one side and stuck it to the trunk carpet in front of the sub box. 2 smaller pieces for the sides. No movement at all.

Me too lol. I didn't think it would work but it does. The box is pretty large and heavy. uploadfromtaptalk1411857177380.jpg

But screwing it down would definitely make it more solid. I just wanted to leave myself the option to pull everything out if I needed to without tools.

Are you sure?
Well I'm pretty sure you need to remove the back seat lower cushion to get to the fuel pump so I'm pretty sure.
The spare tire is also under the trunk of the car so I don't think there is enough room for the gas tank as well. I'm almost 100% sure it's not under the trunk of the car.
All you need to do is look under the car. You should be able to see where it is.

Back